1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers hire Brett Brown

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2013.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He got hired immediately by Boston. A smart franchise that recognized a good coach with a bad roster. Doc Rivers scenario proves my point.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not really. You actually refuted your own statement. You had to use examples of "smart franchises" like Ainge's Celtics and Morey's Rockets. But that automatically cuts down on career opportunities because there are only several smart franchises in the NBA. And these franchises rarely have HC job openings because they hire great coaches in the first place.

There are many more average to dumb teams in the NBA that basically treat win-loss records like gospel. It's much easier to find a new job after performing mediocre with a talented team, then the other way around.

3. gezza

gezza Member

I know him primarily as the coach of North Melbourne Giants from many years ago, a team here in Australia. I know he's been an assistant coach with the Spurs for a while now so he's got the experience, but my immediate reaction was;

"Brett Brown? The guy that coached teams in our crappy Australian league?"

4. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

As a Sixers fan, how should I feel about this signing? I know nothing about this guy.

I know the Sixers are tanking this year, but going forward, any info about this guy would be appreciated.

5. Christopher

Christopher Member

He was very successful in Australia with a few different teams. Tha might not sound like much but I'd rather him coaching my team than some of the other bludgers that get coaching jobs in the NBA. I think he will do well.

1 person likes this.
  6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Even if it was true (It is not) that he would have trouble finding work with organizations with awful front offices and he would be limited to only those organizations that stand a chance at winning a title. I think that's what he would prefer.

Dwayne Casey, Keith Smart, and Randy Wittman had a low W-L record and got hired by some other ****ty front office.