1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers felt Houston did not call them back for a counteroffer before Brooklyn deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I feel no sympathy for Morey...Rockets were trying to get that deal done within the day, and he’s busy playing around trying to leave guys out, search for assets from another team, etc

Nets put everything on the table, meanwhile Morey still tryna haggle over ancillary pieces

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not assuming anything I said its a calculated gamble. 4 picks and swaps even it they turned out to be 20ish isnt exactly nothing, how many good players come out from the 20-30 spots?

It makes more sense than you insisting without proof Ben Simmons would net a top 3 pick or 2 top 10 lotto picks like bruh stop arguing with things you pulled out of your ass.

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

If you want to trade for your son you don’t wait to the last minute trying to save a side piece of a draft pick or whatever.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

exactly...Morey was probably trying to negotiate all these pick protections while also spending time trying to leave the likes of Maxey out of the deal

BK offered up everything unprotected and got HOU to bite

5. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL you absolutely could though. Especially for Simmons and Maxey?? Its also likely they would be here sooner than n freaking 2026. Give me a break. We are gonna be trash with mediocre picks forever instead of possibly getting a very good player in the top 10 sooner, color me unimpressed.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Haha, not exactly nothing for our franchise player, awesome.

No, it makes less sense LOL. You really think the Nets are gonna be hot garbage enough to get anything that matters, no they wont. Dont bruh me with garbage. The Rockets gambled on a good organization being a trash fire to get you back picks. It's moronic. Simmons would get you better than that. Simmons and Maxey would for sure get you better than that. Im not pulling anything out of anywhere, try using some damn common sense.

7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I already pointed this out to you. If a team was willing to empty out their draft chamber for Simmons like BKN did for Harden they could have gotten in the middle of this trade and done it in addition to adding something on top.

Richie_Rich, BamBam and roslolian like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Simmons and Maxey would get you more than that based on what?

You're not pulling anything out of anywhere so that assumption is based on what? Man just stfu dont argue with others based on **** you just make up, what are you a 9 yr old? Hey I know, this trade sucks cuz Herro is worth 10 lotto picks, we should have just gotten Herro and traded him for 10x the profit! I aint making stuff up, just use common sense :rolleyes:

Using common sense, Sixers could have traded Simmons and Maxey for 5 unprotected picks themselves if they were really worth that much and then came back to Rox with a treasure trove. Why couldnt they be proactive like the Nets who already got Cleveland and Pacers on board? Rox didnt go around looking for suitors for Levert and Allen it was already there in 1 day.

#248 roslolian, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I agree that Simmons is a 24 year old Draymond Green, but is Draymond Green a franchise player? Simmons is a net negative asset. He's just a name. I doubt many teams are as high on Simmons as you are. Also I seriously doubt Simmons would ever be an all-star in the West, I seriously doubt Simmons will be an all-star this year in the East. Also why do you think the Nets are a well run organization? I've heard you say that before but you seem to be doubling down on that notion now. Sometimes an "illusion" can be more real than reality. And while I do agree with you in part that Brooklyn might not implode so the picks we got could be late FRPs, these Brooklyn picks might not necessarily be for us. It's quite possible that these picks could be used in a trade for a star player since there is an "illusion" that Brooklyn COULD be bad in 2+ years. In short I just believe this trade gave us way more to work with, rather we keep these picks or flip them. Versus hoping that "24 year old Draymond Green" magically turns into LeBron James.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Based on them being young proven players.

You have some of the worst arguments on this board and you say a lot of classless things. Please dont talk to me, you dont have good points and you are a rude, petulant person who insults people.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

He's already been in all star in the east. He was a first team all nba defender last year. He's absolutely worth his contracts right now. All you have to do is surround him with shooters. He's also a better passer than Giannis. He's an asset. He has good value. I dont get why i have to explain that. They are, they had no picks and look at where Sean Marks and New ownership has taken them. They are well run. That's a fact. We arent getting a star player to come here as we will be bad for a very long time. Hope that we can somehow land MPJ cause otherwise, we arent getting someone to come here.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Says the dude who keeps insisting Simmons is worth 2 top 10 lotto picks lulz.

Just answer why Sixers didnt trade Simmons for 2 top 10 lotto picks and then came back to Rox first if he really worth that much. Why does the Rox have to be one to call Sixers and Sixers cant call them with their own offer? When one team has everything lined up and the other still is in "negotiation" stage you know the other team will most likely get picked.

13. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Are 12.4 ppg, 8.6 trb, 7.9 ast all-star numbers to you? Do those numbers truly warrant 5 years $177 million dollars? I don't think the Nets are a poorly ran FO. But a lot of the reason they are in the predicament that they are in now as being considered title contenders is because Kyrie and KD both choose to go there over NY. We have $50 million dollars worth of expiring contracts. If very possible that we could be right back in contention in 2 to 3 years from now, especially with all the picks we got back from Brooklyn. We aren't the Pistons or the Pacers bro lol. Free agents have chosen us before and they will choose us again. Weather, no state income tax, cost of living, and night life are all in our favor when it comes to the modern athlete today.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Those are box score numbers bro. Look at the adavced, look at @jordnnnn post here. He's getting paid what he's worth. Yea, they got them to chooose BKN cause they arent trash and they had a team filled with good role players to have Irving and Durant. Otherwise, they would have chosen the Knicks. Uhh well I really doubt that FA will be choosing to come here nor do I doubt we will be good enough. Houston is a great city but the Rockets arent that good of an organization currently and we wont be good for awhile, it will take more than 2-3 years imo. I hope to be wrong though.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

So Stone left Morey on “read.”

Morey always coming close and somehow the deal doesn’t get sealed for one reason or another. He knew the stakes, he knew BKN was a major threat. Should’ve put his best offer on the table when they asked him for it which was probably throwing in Maxey and then lived with the results.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

If simmons has this massive trade value that people think, he’d have been traded already

BigShasta likes this.
  17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I get all the advanced metrics stuff, but at some point it just starts to become silly. If you are only averaging 12 points a game then you absolutely are not a franchise player, PERIOD. The numbers are the numbers, no matter how cute you try to get with analytics. You can put sugar on $hit all day long but at the end of the day it's still $HIT. But we can agree to disagree on Simmons bro.

BamBam likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not a good fit with Embid, Im not saying he's a first option on a championship team but he's absolutely worth his contract and someone you can build around.

19. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Ummkay

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Market is relevant. I'm not disagreeing that Durant and Harden will be dominant for 6 more years, although that is a different debate. Why is it impossible that future superstars with the same agents won't have the same agenda as today's superstars? You act like Brooklyn roster is locked for 6 years. If these guys do decide to leave Brooklyn, it's unlikely they'll make the PR mistake of walking and leaving their team empty handed.