1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers a "viable destination" for Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Dec 8, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Asik's contract is structured differently... it isn't just 8 million I think it could account for more in a trade

2. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Boston laughs

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

hollyyyyy if morey pulls off

Turner/Hawes/Young it would just leave me speechless

4. maczmina

maczmina Member

I don´t believe we will steal this 3 guys from 76ers.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, that's the thing about our team's contracts. Howard and Harden the untouchables have the max contracts. After that you have Lin and Asik at $8.3 million each (capspace). After that, a bunch of young "asset" contracts or "play-for-less" vets.

Anything resembling a "Thad Young and Spencer Hawes to the Rockets" would either have to involve Jeremy Lin (a tall order; only if a team is desperate for ticket sales) and/or a third team.

As far as inter-divisional trades, if Boston is intent on keeping Rondo, and since some team in the Atlantic will have to throw up their hands and say, "Okay, I'll go ahead and win this and get frozen out of the lottery; but you guys owe me", then I wouldn't put it past Boston getting Asik, Humphries and a first rounder (from Boston) and maybe Dmo to Philadelphia....and we get Young and Hawes.

6. Pete the Cheat

throw in Lin, DMo and Brewer and the numbers work. just have to wait til the 15th to deal Brewer

7. ROXTXIA

If it were:

• Asik
    • Lin (Philly's bill just went from "Ninfa's" to "Fogo de Chão")
    • Terrence Jones (wouldn't want to do this, but you gotta be realistic; hopefully it'd be Dmo and even the NY 2014 2nd rounder)
    • Ronnie Brewer (thanks for the Dec. 15th cap contract)
    • $2,000,000 to help offset next year's balloon payments of Lin and Asik

for

• Turner
    • Young
    • Hawes

Then maybe. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Or some three-team concoction involving mostly the same players.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Morey and Hinkie are on the phone trying to figure out a 3 team trade that they both make out like bandits and leave the third team with dirt. :cool:

9. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

I don't care if Boston laughs,they might consider this trade.And it's my prediction and I'll stick with it.

10. ROXTXIA

Dr. Evil Morey: And I'll trade Lin and the rights to that European guy to Danny Ainge...

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: What European guy?

Dr. Evil Morey: You know, the one with the jaw-fracturing name; Kostas....something, Papadouchaloticus...

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: Kostas Papnikolaou?

Dr. Evil Morey: Thank you. And Danny Ainge sends you Humphries' expiring and first round picks. Plus I also send you some incentive...maybe" (pinkie to corner of mouth) "two MIIIIILLION dollars?

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: Why not send me Papnikolaou? I like him. I'm the one who recommended you go after him in the first place, before I got this job.

Dr. Evil Morey: Why would you want the player who the best European doctor evaluated as having "Yao feet" and will fracture one sooner rather than later?

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: Well, Ainge won't want him either, then. Ainge isn't stupid.

Dr. Evil Morey: How will Danny know about it when I buried the report and paid off the doctor using funds I absconded from the league office?

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: (astounded but smiling) Isn't that incredibly unethical? Isn't it just a little.....evil?

(dramatic pause; mouth-twitching, can't-keep-a-straihgt-face knowing look passes between them)

Dr. Evil Morey: BU-WA-HA-HA-HA! BU-WA-HA-HA-HA!

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: BU-WA-HA-HA-HA! BU-WA-HA-HA-HA!

Dr. Evil Morey: That's a good evil laugh, Scottie Hinkie.

Evil "Son Scottie" Hinkie: BU-WA-HA-HA-HA! BU-WA-HA-HA-HA...

Dr. Evil Morey: Hinkie! Dial it dooooooooooooown a little....

1 person likes this.
  11. Pete the Cheat

Isn't there some prevailing notion that Linsanity more than pays for itself in the revenue it generates?

I am sure Hinkie would have the best inside information to confirm or deny that as far as anyone currently outside of the Rockets organization. The $15MM balloon payment would be a non-issue if that were the case.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hawes/Turner.

It's obvious what Hawes would bring to the Rockets but if the Rockets could get Turner that could be a very key addition. Rockets really struggled with Parsons' out of the lineup. They were lacking his dribble penetration. Turner could be a nice backup to Parsons and would give the team a nice wing defender. Really a poor mans Iggy.

If the Rockets can get Turner/Hawes for Asik then by all means.

I like Thad Young, but it makes less sense these days with the evolution of Terence Jones' game.

13. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

If we can get Hawes/young/turner for Asik, Dmo and the 2014 first would be great I know salary dont match buet maybe somehow with a third team involve it is possible or maybe rockets has to add Lin salary

I dont believe the 76ers want to trade for Asik
    a third team must be there: Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Portland

Beverley/lin?/Brooks
    Harden/Turner/ Garcia
    Parsons/Young
    Jones/ casspi
    Dwight/ Hawes

oh my god

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have become a lot more accepting of the Rondo idea. Harden is great with the ball in his hands but he is also great as a catch and shoot scorer. Rondo may not be the scorer that Jeremy Lin is but he is better at every other facet of the game. Either way, I would love to keep Lin and just be able to swap Bev, Asik and Smith for Rondo. No matter how it plays out, Rondo will be a clear upgrade over Beverly in my opinion.

Still probably prefer Philly though if we can get Turner+Hawes. Love those 2 players in our rotation.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This is more likely than a Philadelphia trade.

Asik is not injured, I have a feeling that both teams have agreed not to play any players before the trade. Thad Young is still playing and Rondo isn't.

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rondo is recovering from an ACL tear...

17. Play07

Play07 Member

100% this

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would think Houston wouldn't mind Boston playing Rondo. Just to see how he bounces back.

Boston could also set it up to convey a pick in the #10-13 range to us (like Toronto pick was setup) and then send CLee+Olynik over and I would be happy with that.

19. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

So is this Hawes/Turner stuff legit or just talk?

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member