1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Site performance issues

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For some reasons this site often runs very slow to the point I can't even scroll or type text often.

Before anyone cracks a joke about this being intention to stop me posting...I wonder if anyone else has issues?

Now I do have a lot of tabs opened but no other site has this problem. I can scroll fine and type into forms perfectly normally as soon as I click onto another site.

The other thing I notice is when I use ad blocker the site performance is once again fine. However, I write this because I don't want to prevent the site making money, just want to be able to have it work a bit faster.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

My flash always crashes when visiting this site after everything laggy horribly. And the auto play ads are still happening. I'm not sure. It's been about a month and a half this has been happening.

For the most part I only visit clutchfans from my phone now due to this.

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah I find myself constantly restarting Chrome because of the flash ads on the site. Do I need to switch browsers because of ClutchFans?

1 person likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I had a similar problem recently using Internet Explorer.... I now use Chrome.

Try a different browser

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Chrome has flash plugin stop working for me all the time.

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

What plugin are you using?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm still having consistent problems loading the BBS using IE on my PC, which is normally what I use the most when posting here. Zero problems with my iPad and iPhone. Something here is causing a problem. It seems a bit extreme that I should be forced to change web browsers in order to use the site.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

BBS crashes for me in IE of late

when browsing on my iPad or iPhone like ads auto pop up and redirect me to an ad site or opens the app store automatically

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is all I've been working on lately. These are all hard to debug, but as far as the IE lock-up issue (which I was able to duplicate when I loaded the site in IE), I removed some stuff that I'm hoping was the issue. I'm not experiencing the crashes/locks now, but I don't know if that's because of the changes or it just disappeared temporarily. Please let me know if you're experiencing crashes after an hour or so.

Thanks for your help and patience. It figures these things would all happen in the middle of the playoffs.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I experienced a crashed right after game 7

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This board's popularity is probably at its all-time high.
    Sports hosts are mentioning the site more than ever now.

Maybe the increased volume of participation is a factor.

12. LCAhmed

I cant remember. I'll have to wait for another plugin to crash

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

I was going to post a topic about Internet Explorer about a month ago. Glad to see I'm not the only person with this issue. I haven't been able to use IE in quite some time now because Clutchfans crashes the browser and I have to completely shut it down. At first I thought it was my laptop, but then it started crashing for me at work as well. I've resorted to using Chrome and Firefox as a solution, but I am curious as to why that suddenly became an issue. I've used IE for years on this site and never had a single issue.

By the way Clutch, I just attempted to use IE again and my issue still remains. Bizarre....but fortunately the other browsers work perfectly fine.

14. LCAhmed

Shockwave Flash. It just crashed now.

15. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey Clutch, I'm still having that problem as well.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have trouble both at home and at work computers (using Chrome on MacBook Air).
    For my home computer I disable flash anyway and that helps big time. I only see the non-flash ads now though. Work keeps crashing flash though because I can't disable Flash (I work in digital advertising ironically).

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I keep checking the tmac birthday thread and it directs me to some russian ip blocked deal

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've had no issues with performance.

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm unable to use IE to access the site when at work, it just locks up and crashes the browser as soon as I attempt to access the BBS. No issues at all on my home laptop using Firefox or on my iPhone/Pad.

20. Granville

Granville Member

I had the IE issues at home and work for a month now. Whatever you did fixed the problem for me.