1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

single malts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Palmray, Nov 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the local shop had a bottle of this new since the last time I was in there, picked it up--another decent candidate in the $30-ish range. Not bad, has a bit of sweetness to it. A bit raw on the palate, but having just opened the bottle I may have to wait and see if it calms down a bit over time.

Tomatin 12.jpg

2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Here's one I did a week or so back. Bunnahabhain 14 LR Pedro Ximenez vs. the Deanston 10 Pedro Ximenez. Initially I thought the two would be too similar so I balked at the Bunna PX, that was a mistake. Very different flavor profiles, both enjoyable in their own way. But the Bunnahabhain is just incredible, very intense, almost syrupy in terms of mouth feel. Just a real pleasure, and right out of the bottle. Had these both side by side without any water added, which was great fun. it will be interesting to see what happens to the Bunna as it airs out a bit.

The Bunna is a one time bottling, I think they did something like 6000 bottles, so this is all there is. I see noises online of people searching high and low for it, so if you find one definitely pick it up.

Bunna PX vs Deanston PX.jpg

Deckard likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

End of classes, end of the semester today. Picked up a couple of affordable bottles, cracked open the Amrut, which is an Indian whisky. Very nice stuff, only 3-5 years old and 50% apv so it's got a bit of an "in-your-face" quality poured neat straight out of the bottle. With a bit of water and 10-15 minutes in the glass, this settles down nicely and has a great balance of sweet and peat.

Amrut Fusion poured.jpg

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

rough week. this was last night's dram

Deanston cream sherry finish.jpg

Deckard likes this.