1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs" Strikes Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Jul 13, 2018.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

That's totally what I said.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh so this whole "where do you get your morals from" shtick that Christians use to discredit atheists is just nothing more than hot air.

3. tallanvor

Wtf are you talking about? Take a nap.

4. Senator

Senator Member

Lesbians should be able to raise kids they gave birth to.

Gays... just wouldn't be right. Nothing to do with God, but humanity.

5. fchowd0311

If everyone is going to heaven regardless of what "sins" they commit, what is the point of following God's morals?

6. fchowd0311

Amazing nuance there which Im sure is backed by statistical evidence and not your "gut".

7. tallanvor

Christian's don't believe everyone is going to heaven. You can think someones going to hell for their behavior and not hate them. Christianity literally teaches people to do this ( I'm not christian). Like I said, u need a nap

8. fchowd0311

"Oh I think you are cool, but I understand that infinity/70 years of your life is going to be in eternal torment".

That's the thing. It's a nice thing to say that "I can love a person going to hell" but human nature comes in. Human nature will convince an individual that if god hates someone enough to go to hell for eternity, they deserve it thus they are "bad".

It's a way to cope with the notion that the individual is going to be tormented for eternity. Hence why you see so much animosity towards the gay community by evangelicals in mass. It's hard to cope with someone you love being punished for eternity. It's easier to cope with that notion if you think the person is evil.

It's cute to say"love the sinner, hate the sin". But human nature doesn't work that way .

9. tallanvor

I know lots of cool people throwing their life away.

I dont.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... if someone goes out of their way to prevent homosexuals from adopting based on their sexuality; that is extremely hateful.

There really isn’t anyway to spin it. It is hatred geared towards a class of people simply because of their sexual orientation.

Hating 100’s of millions of people because of how they were born is a total douche bag move.

11. Nook

Nook Member

“The fact you assume the worse in people”.... you mean like telling 10% of the population that they shouldn’t be able to adopt children simply because they are attracted to the same sex? Holy **** you cannot be this stupid...

“Others can disagree with someone and not hate them”
    Are you serious?
    “Hey John I don’t hate you, I just don’t think you are qualified to adopt children or raise them because you are gay. I’m looking out for the kids, you know, I don’t want the gayness to rub off on them.... I don’t hate you though. We just disagree.”

Try running that buy a few homosexuals and see what they say to you when you claim you don’t hate them.. and report back.

superfob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Adam and Eve
    Not Adam and Steve!

AMIRITE JESUS? ^5

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You have serious reading comprehension issues. I did not claim they are or are not doing it for the kids nor did I assume the worst in anyone. Don't put words in my mouth.

Beside your obvious ad-hom attack, you need to understand that disagreeing is one thing, but try to stop people from doing it because you disagree is another. It gets worse when the reason behind such disagreement is that this space daddy doesn't like it.

Great.