1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs" Strikes Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Jul 13, 2018.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was going to post a reply to some of the tallanvor posts on this but I realized I just can't deal with that level of stupid this early on a Monday. I mean, equating convicted felons ability to adopt to same-sex couples is just the height of idiocy.

JumpMan and Nook like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really am not arguing whether you are hateful towards gay people or not. Honestly, I don't care. I think minority groups in general really don't care if random people hate them, we're used to that, what we expect is be treated fairly by the government and treated equally.

With all of that said. Why is it a moronic number? Why are we operating on your maybe's? I think the number is pretty clear, they are awaiting adoption.

Well, it's just like a 3 paragraph summary, if you don't care to even read that then I guess there is nothing more to discuss.

It's fine to have your opinions on the LGBT+ community and how you feel they shouldn't have certain rights but the government should grant them equal rights.

Also, your feelings and opinions are not facts and studies so far simply are saying that kids are raised just fine by LGBT parents.

Comparing them to the mentally handicapped, felons, or children is also way past silly.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Are you seriously comparing the parenting skills of homosexuals to that of a 10 year old, 80 year old, felon and someone with a mental handicap? Have fun dying on that sword. Believing that children should not be raised by someone simply because they are a homosexual IS hatred.

It is obviously not hatred? No...... it obviously IS hatred.... when the sole reason that you want to deny someone the ability to adopt a child is because they are attracted to people of the same gender....... that IS hatred and you can't hide behind that.

Also, as a Christian, as someone that has been educated by Jesuits for the majority of my life, as someone that is still deeply involved in the diocese; I find it extremely offensive to connect true Christianity to those that choose to hate another group of people simply because they were born attracted to people of their gender.......... I also do not appreciate the idea that Christianity can be used as a shield that keeps these bigots from being held accountable for their hatred.

JumpMan likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Wow you are really ignorant....

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

A disagreement is saying you think taxes should be raised/cut and providing information to support your position.

Stating that an entire class of people should not be able to adopt children based on their attraction to a different gender isn't a "disagreement", that is hatred.

This same line of thinking applies to people that believed that biracial marriages should be prohibited by the government........

People that believed that black people should not be able to live in certain neighborhoods or shop in certain stores.........

People that believed that women shouldn't be able to vote or own property...........

We don't say that "these people simply had a different opinion, or disagreed"....... we acknowledge that these people were racists, sexists and bigots.

Yet you make excuses for them...... "oh they don't hate homosexuals" and "love the sinner and hate the sin" which is absurd.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

If you removed religion from the equation, you would still have people trying to discriminate against black people, women, gays or any other group of people. At the end of the day, religion (in this case Christianity) is used as a crutch to soften the fact that they are bigots.

As a Catholic, I completely agree with you that there should be ZERO federal/state money.

We do not live in a Christian country, nor an atheist country...... we live in a religiously neutral nation.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Remind me again why we allow any private agencies to do any of this work?

8. body slam

body slam Member

Does this ban LGBTQ community from adopting? or does it give some agencies the right to refuse service to the LGBTQ community?

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Mandatory prayer at football games.

10. fiersdownbelow

Wait, you think ANY Christian or other person who believes gays shouldn't marry is "hateful", and you're calling me ignorant? Have you ever talked to another person besides your liberal douche bag friends?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Denying homosexuals the right to marry the person they love is hateful. If you don't understand that, then yes, I'll call you ignorant.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Takes a douchebag to try to prevent two random people from getting married. Doesn't even affect your life or theirs.

Takes a real snowflake to see a gay couple getting married and have a hissy fit about it. Sounds very hateful to me.

Usually when you deny rights to people it comes from a hateful place. This same argument was used for interracial marriage. "I have nothing against black people but they should just marry their own, that's all."

More things change the more things stay the same, bigots use the same logic no matter the era, the subjects just change.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

This is absolutely the worst argument of 2018 so far.
    The reason why it's hatred is that you deem them as unqualified not because of their actual capability of looking after a kid, it's because their sexual preference. The reason why Christians hate homosexuals so much, is because it was deemed as a "abomination" by their religious writings.

All the examples you listed are irrelevant, unless you can prove that homosexual couples are incappable of taking care of kids, you are hating.

London'sBurning and Nook like this.
  14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Given how religious America has become, it shouldnt be a surprise that we all have friends/families who happen to be Christian and believe Gays shouldnt marry. But that's beside the point.

I'm more interested to the reason why they think Gays shouldnt marry. If it's for religious reasons, then you are emposing your belief onto the others, it's nothing but hate.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, calling you hateful and ignorant. Quite.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly don't get it. You genuinely think that's an absurd sentiment?

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

What's your evidence that they aren't doing it for the kids? The fact you assume the worst in people is not s good trait.

Though you may not be capable of it, others can disagree with someone and not hate them.

America is becoming less religous. Not more.

18. fchowd0311

Disagree here means a single sin worthy of eternal torture. A sin that someone was born with and had no choice over the matter. I consider that hateful and lacking in empathy. I think Muslims who believe this to be hateful. I believe Christians who believe this to be hateful.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

There was this one Christian idol that once preached forgiving others of their sins and not hating them. His name was Jesus or so.something like that.

20. fchowd0311

Oh so everyone is going to heaven then. That's cool.

It would be awesome if conservative evangelicals were as forgiving as their lord and savior.