1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs" Strikes Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Jul 13, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What is also odd about the pro-life crowd is that it seems a good chunk of them are openly against birth control. You'd think, or rather, it would make sense that they should throw all of their support behind birth control programs so that for women who are more likely to get abortions wouldn't even make it to that point...

I mean, it starts to sound more like a Jesus thing and not allowing women to be more casual with their sex life and trying to force the traditional family structure for all people. That's what this is really about, especially for this LGBT adoption thing.

arno_ed and No Worries like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The majority of them take place when dealing with a clump of cells with an abortion pill. But as @Nook already pointed out you're a hypocrite not worth dealing with.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

What does the child raising data and literature say about kids being raised in a nuclear family with hetero parents vs homo parents? i have no idea.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The research shows that children raised by gay parents do as well as those raised by hetero parents.

There were a few studies 7-8 years ago that showed children raised by gay parents had better results. However the majority of studies say they are similar.

This decision is all about politics and legitimized hatred.

5. tallanvor

its not hatred. You may not believe this, but it turns out you can disagree with someone and not hate them. As in, you can think homosexuality is wrong and not hate a homosexual. Radical i know.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but lots of Christians would argue that kids growing up with same sex parents are less likely to succeed in life than kids raised in nuclear families . I'm sure they even have their own studies/data to back this up. They are doing what they think is best for the kid. It doesn't mean they hate gays. Having not seen the numbers (maybe high school graduation rates) so I have no idea if their position is founded or not.

6. Nook

Nook Member

No, if you think that homosexuals should not be able to adopt children, that is hatred. Just own it and accept it. It is no different than saying people that felt Jews shouldn’t be able to own property disagreed with Jews but didn’t hate them. It is deep hatred and trying to use nice little words like “disagree” doesn’t change it.

I thought the “homosexuality is wrong” but “don’t hate the homosexual” line of absurdity ended over a decade. If you go out of your way to prevent homosexuals from having children, then that is SERIOUS hatred.

Image saying I hate Judaism, I believe it is morally wrong.... but I don’t hate practing Jews. It is just a disagreement. Further Jews shouldn’t be able to adopt kids. Still I have my reasons and I don’t hate Jews... I just think Judaism is terrible and don’t think Jews should be able to have children.

Just be honest with yourself, it is extreme hatred.... also be brave and take a position... either you think gays should be able to adopt or you don’t.

Think for and be honest about yourself. If you don’t think gays should be able to marry or adopt or receive insurance benefits, then you are a bigot. There are worse things than being a bigot.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And lots of Christians wouldn't argue that.

MadMax likes this.
  8. tallanvor

Should a 10 yr old be able to adopt a kid? no? why? because you think the adopted child would not be well off? you must hate 10 yr olds.

Should a convicted felon be able to adopt a kid? you must hate convicts.

Should an 80 yr old be able to adopt a kid? you must hate old people.

mentally handicap? you must hate the mentally handicap.

Adoption applications get denied all the time for being too poor or whatever. Its not out of hate. its because they dont think its the best environment for the kid.

I mean you must seriously hate all these people you are preventing from adopting. THAT'S SERIOUS HATRED.

I think i get it. IF you think some people might but unqualified to be parents its out of love for the child but if a dirty Christian does it its out of hatred.

I have no idea if having same sex parents hinders a childs development, my guess would be no. But its obviously not hatred. That's just you not knowing how to be civil and ruining every discussion you try to have.

#28 tallanvor, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    fiersdownbelow likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Jesus. Let me break it down for you.

A felon is someone who has a history of breaking the law and may not be a suitable parent based on that. An 80 year old may not be physically capable of raising a child. An 8 year old lacks the emotional maturity to raise a child. A gay parent is merely gay. What is the factor that would prohibit them from raising a child? If that factor is "gay" then it's hatred. Obtuse.

Nook, superfob and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  10. tallanvor

So you think an 8 yr old, 80 yr old, and convict would be unsuitable enviorment for raising a kid? By nook standards you must hate them and that's why you are denying them. That's some 'serious hatred bro'.

As for gay people, I'd imagine the argument might be that not having both sexes as parents hinders your growth some how. Single parents can have applications denied for same reason.

I'll help you and nook out. Your approach should be to show data claiming that same sex parents don't hinder a childs development. instead you went for the approach of calling everyone who disagrees with you a hateful bigot.

11. fiersdownbelow

wow you are cringe...

12. CometsWin

The basis for their unsuitability is based in fact, not religious dogma. You're incredibly obtuse.

Post the academic study that says not having a male and female parent hinders growth.

superfob and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  13. tallanvor

Nothing religious about the reason I just gave. I already said I haven't ready any data. Just pointing out how uncivil and awful your approach of calling people hateful is.

14. CometsWin

Nook likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

How would Christians feel if a group of atheist lawmaker said being a Christian is wrong and they believe or uses the excuse that children raised up by Christian would less likely to succeed and thus shouldn’t adopt?

Is this hatred toward Christianity? Fear? Disagreement?

Nook, JayGoogle and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay. But we are not arguing same sex parents vs both sex parents. That's not the situation.

The situation is NO parents vs Parents.

Well your approach has been "I don't know anything about this...but maybe the Christians are right"

This is not some unexplored area of psychology either, there has been plenty of research on this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_parenting#Consensus

I mean, you can read it yourself. There seems to be a lot of studies out there about this and the only counter I've seen for it has been that the methodology may not be correct...and I mean that makes sense, this would be a hard thing to study considering all of the variables.

Just because a kid turns out to be a failure or success doesn't mean it is all on the parents after all. I think there is enough research shown that kids need a loving home most of all and LGBT couples are certainly capable of that.

Nook likes this.
  17. tallanvor

nope

I don't know if this is the case since the number given in the article is useless and makes no sense.

'more than 21,000 youth were awaiting adoption in these states.'

Thats a moronic number. Maybe the parents who are adopting them are still be vetted. who knows. The correct metric would be X number of kids waiting for adoption have been in the care of the state for over 1 year.

If the number i stated was high than I would agree that states should be more open to homosexual adoption. I think they probably should anyways, but i haven't read the studies. It still doesn't make denying them hateful, which is the point i made.

I don't care enough to spend time going through some data. Neither do you i would guess since I am assuming you are just reading a wiki summary. I only care enough to type out my opinions on a forum.

18. adoo

adoo Member

i am sure that ur making up lies again.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A 10-year old's age prevents him from being a stable parent and providing for a child. A homosexual couple's homosexuality does not prevent that.
    The Felon has less employment opportunity and history of criminally bad choices. A homosexual couple does not have that.
    The age of the 80-year old makes the job of parenting more difficult and likely to be long-term for the child. A homosexual couple does not have that problem.
    The Mentally handicapped have other challenges that might prevent and make more difficult the job of raising a child. A homosexual couple does not have those same challenges.

I could have gone on with every single incident that you posted. However, the circumstances around all of those people would prevent them from having the best chance of being qualified and quality parents for the adopted child. None of that is true of homosexual couples. So, yes that leaves bigotry and hate.

I am sure you knew all of that but you decided to post those questions and circumstances anyway.

superfob likes this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This whole arithmetic of hatred is kind of dumb and takes the focus off of the real issue which is the church/state divide.

Christianity has tons of edicts in it that make it very attractive to people who hate gays, or create gay haters out of otherwise rational people. At the end of the day they can always play hide the ball and claim hatred for the sin, not the sinner (even though homosexuality is as much a part of someone's identity as almost any unmutable characteristic, so good luck parsing that one out). Hence it's a pointless merry-go-round.

No state money for discrimination on religious grounds. Full stop.