1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs" Strikes Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Jul 13, 2018.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Republicans vote to make it legal nationwide to ban gays & lesbians from adopting

We have to stop giving carte blanche to publicly funded organizations to discriminate arbitrarily. Conservatives, the supposed keepers of the flame for the Constitution, should be outraged by this. Yet I doubt anyone on the stage at the Republican primary in 2016 would have opposed this. The continued use of this justification is dangerous. It threatens (if not outright does away with) everyone's freedom from religious intervention in their lives from the state. Today it's LGBT folks, tomorrow, maybe it's atheists? Look out, shellfish eaters and mixed cloth wearers.

MadMax and Nook like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

America first!

Gays last!

Great! Great! Great! Murricaaaaa

3. conquistador#11

i'm the most pro LGBTQ! what do you have to lose!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is disgusting but I'm not at all surprised, unfortunately.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

6. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

What a waste of perfectly good political capital that could have been used to do something useful.

Nook likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they should pass an amendment to stop stupid people from adopting, and to do that they give a one question test: Did you vote for Trump?

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Y'all Qaeda

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. fiersdownbelow

Like most kids I wish I had no father/mother growing up... dastardly Republicans!

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No public organization should be discriminating against a population group based on their immutable characteristics. I think it is a bit murkier with private organizations that receive funds from some public source (a grant, medicare, student loans, etc.), but certainly the government can cut off that funding once the discrimination is discovered.

Nook likes this.
  11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You mean like the kids who have neither?

HakeemOnlyFan, Nook and JayGoogle like this.
  12. fiersdownbelow

You mean like those murdered in the womb?

13. Nook

Nook Member

You can’t be shocked.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Do a better job of supporting and taking care of the millions of kids living in poverty in the USA and in foster care and then we can discuss abortion.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just crime prevention and it's really effective. The world would be a better place if more people would kill their kids in the womb so that they couldn't pass their genes on to pollute a new generation. While I understand why some people see abortion as a horrific thing, I simply point to the good it does. Take advantage of the fact that those people are willing to take themselves out of the gene pool for free given that it's something worth paying them for.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. fiersdownbelow

[​IMG]

Crime prevention at your service. [​IMG]

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say it was pretty, I just said it was effective. When you hack up an unwanted baby in utero it doesn't get the opportunity to grow up to become a criminal and victimize others....and the kinds of people who would hack up their babies in the womb are the kinds of people who would raise criminals.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... 0.17% of abortion’s in the USA are after 21weeks. Of the .17% the vast majority of them are for birth defects and rape.

So do I need to dig up articles and pictures of children in foster care that have been raped, physically abused or killed? Do I need to post pictures of children in America that live in poverty?

Oddly enough the largest supports of overturning Roe v. Wade also have voted for and supported cuts to programs that fund helping children in poverty and programs to help children in foster care.

That is pretty cruel if you ask me. Then again, not a surprise because you don’t really give a ****, you just like repeating political talking points.

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Virtue-signaling that takes away people's rights is always alien to me. But I guess when you are high on Jesus, respect for other people's rights ruins the buzz.

Torn n Frayed and Nook like this.
  20. body slam

body slam Member

Does this ban LGBTQ community from adopting? or does it give some agencies the right to refuse service to the LGBTQ community?