1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Since Hillary is Going to Win....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Butterfingers, May 12, 2016.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I figured out a way to make money off it.

https://www.galleryfurniture.com/best-offer-ever

Mattress Mack is letting you buy a mattress that is worth more than $2,000 and then take your pick at the winning party for the general election. I am going to wait closer to November to buy an expensive tempurpedic mattress and make sure she is still leading in the polls and pretty much get my mattress for free. If she loses, I just got a mattress that I need anyway. You can't return the mattress if you do not like it btw, sale is final.

#1 Butterfingers, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I still lived in Houston I would take that deal.

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

when does this offer end? didn't see it at the link

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

He's making the offer on Mattresses because he knows we're all ****ed anyway.

5. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

It's not in the link, I called the store to get clarification and the lady said "whenever Mack feels like not offering it"

I am going to wait until July or August.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I suggest you have the $2000+ ready just in case.

;)

I bought my adjustable Tempur-Pedic bed at Gallery Furniture late last year. I love it. My money was definitely well spent.

7. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Buy two mattresses..pick each candidate...get one free, so your net cost is 50%...of course if the price is inflated, etc then you aren't really doing so well..

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

smart move. I know my parents are 100% positive trump will win, felt the same way about Romney. I imagine they will lose a pretty penny on this bet.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I actually think Trump will beat Hilary if the Republican Party unifies ASAP.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Or you can just place a bet in Vegas and get way more than a $2000 mattress

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Meh at least I can get a mattress

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With Trump leading in Ohio I am not so sure Hillary is going to win.

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't put too much stock in the general polls this early especially when Trump has won his nomination and Clinton is still in a fight.

I still think when things break down Trump has alienated enough voter groups that the demographics work against him.

I agree fully though that Trump shouldn't be taken lightly and it's not going to be a cakewalk for Clinton.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Agree plus http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dont-worry-about-the-electoral-college-math/

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think people are looking at old maps but this is a very different kind of election. Trump has the ability to connect with working class whites in labor - a group that traditionally votes democratic but might swing on Trump's anti-free trade message. That's how Bernie got traction against Hillary.

It's no wonder that Trump is showing a lot of competitiveness in Ohio and PA (leading in Ohio).

With Trump people have consistently overestimated his toxic language and it's impact on making people disgusted with him. He may lose Florida and Nevada, and even Arizona, but he is making his play for Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and PA. He takes those states and he has won the election.

His strategy is very smart. He's making a play for labor and that's why he is talking about raising the minimum wage and maybe having to increase taxes on the rich. He's not moving to the center, he's courting Bernie voters knowing that Republicans have to rally behind him or face Clinton presidency.

This is a very smart guy, with smart advisors, and a dangerous man at that. People are underestimating his chances and taking solace in that map. I'm telling you - he's going to turn things upside down and these polls should be a cause for concern for any one who supports Hillary.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The odds are -275 for Hillary. So for betting 2000 you would get back $727. This is a much better deal.