1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sina] Yao interview:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pest_Ctrl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. esteban

esteban Member

That's the story of Yao, playing all these years with sucky guards, from the CBA to the NBA. I really feel for him, imagine what Yao can do playing with a real point guard.
    For some reasons , I feel that it may not happened for Yao during his career and he may go off in the sunset without ever having that chance.

2. mich

mich Member

Thanks for the translation. I really appreciate Yao's interview. He speaks really well and looks very confident.

3. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Live up to the player he was a couple of year ago and we are in the 2nd round.

Let the fronting bother him and he turns the ball over, we go home in 6.

Simple. And yes, its on him. He is the Franchise. Not Ron. Or anyone else.

You make your name in the regular season. You build your legacy in the playoffs.

4. Lugz504

Lugz504 Member

Another poster already mentioned this, but this question and answer was fantastic:

"Titan: So you say you are going to put this team on your shoulder?

Yao: heh, that sounds familar. What I want to say is, I am part of this team, and I am proud to fight together with my teammates for the same goal. But my teammates are looking at me, other people are looking at me. They call me the leader of this team, so I have to step up and take the responsibility. In case we didn't get past first round, what excuse do I have to say that it's not my fault? If we win, then I've played well, if we lost, then I haven't."

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What do you think he could do?

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

A real PG will make the team better and create easy shots for Yao and his teammates. Brooks is a terrible PG. All he have is his speed and no control. Lowry is a better playmaking PG.

7. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Adjusting, thats what the playoffs are all about. Yao makes a great point here. Last couple of years thats exactly what we didn't do, adjust, and thats why we lost. Awesome article, great translation, Thank You! I am Pumped!!! Lets kick some Blazer ass and shock the world by sweeping them!

8. 34134178

34134178 Member

Rockets will beat BLA!!!!!!!!! :D