1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sina]Battier's blog

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoDreaming, Feb 16, 2009.

1. YaoDreaming

YaoDreaming Member

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4b2b253e0100bwn8.html

Perspective is an amazing gift to have. In life there are two types of people. People who look at a glass of milk and say "That glass of milk is half full, which makes me happy because I still have some delicious milk to drink!" And you also have people who look at that same glass of milk and say "That glass of milk is half empty, which makes me sad because I don't have as much delicious milk to drink as I did five minutes ago." Two vastly different opinions on exactly the same thing. I always try to live my life looking at the glass "half full." I count my blessings every day and am thankful for the opportunities that are presented to me instead of sulking about what goes wrong in my life and complaining about what I don't have. I think this perspective makes me a generally happier person and allow me to get through the times in my life that aren't the best.

The same perspective can be used at looking at our basketball team this year. Entering the season, we had amazingly high expectations because of the success of last year's team and the talent level of this year's. Most people agreed that if we could stay healthy, we would have a legitimate chance of becoming NBA champions.

Unfortunately, injuries (like every year it seems) have put a damper on the mood of our season. To use the milk parable, those who choose to look at a glass of milk and proclaim it half empty look at our team and complain about the lack of continuity. Those same people like to focus on the squandered opportunities against teams that were decidedly weaker than ours. These same people continue to talk about the 'what if's' and the 'could be's' instead of the realities of our team, that we are an unlucky team that has done relatively well in the face of adversity.

I continue to look at our team as half full! I am optimistic about our future. Instead of focusing on what has gone wrong and who is to blame, I prefer to look at the Western Conference standings and see that our team is still in the thick of the playoff picture a mere few games outside the top of our division. I see that we are 10 games over .500 and have not had our full compliment of stars. It excites me that we still have our best basketball ahead of us. That, my friends, is called having a positive attitude. Having a negative attitude is destructive to the goals that we are trying to achieve. It is much easier to reach your goals in basketball and in life without negativity. Remember this, the next time you have the choice to look at a situation as a negative or positive one.

Alrighty guys, I'll talk to you soon!

Go Rockets!

Shane

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Battier for President!

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I love MILK!

What was the thread about again?

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Let's all gird up our loins for the Mary Poppins fly in!

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Dammit Shane I want to be negative! Why do you have to be so damn positive?!

I really hope we don't trade Shane he seems to still be the glue holding this team together.

6. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

i really wish i could think like battier...i mean how do we really know artest/tmac wont work when both have been in and out of the lineup with constant injuries....we haven't had 10 legit games of being healthy..but when we're losing and our "star" hasn't been playing well, it's easy to point fingers.

7. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

Is there any proof that that is actually Shane Battier talking? There are a lot of impostors you know, I am not even sure If Sina is even credible.

8. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Do you think the first paragraph was indirectly addressed to TMaC? :eek:

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why is Battier working on his blog, he should be rehabbing instead.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Battier... thanks... that was a nice read and really put things into a better perspective.

Despite the negatives there many positives... is this the attitude the entire team has right now? I hope it is.

Battier for President!

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Battier's Sina blogs read like he's talking to a bunch of school kids.

In Springfield.

And he's Ned Flanders.

12. akiracy

akiracy Member

lol :D

13. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

You can tell he wrote it because its not some copy paste jobs like most athltes blogs

14. txtodd

txtodd Member

"Yea I've lost a step this year, but hey it coulda been two steps!"

Shane

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Battier is, without a doubt, the only NBA player who would ever, ever use the word "Alrighty!"

16. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

I freaking love battier

17. Squallman

Squallman Member

I could see Shawn Bradley saying it.

18. raining threes

I see it as the nut sack is half full

Tell Tracy to grow a pair.

You will never get a ring with McLady

That's a shame because you are a winner.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I believe Shane wouldn't think that way. Instead, he would think he never won a signle playoff game before he played with Tmac.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think I just became a Shane Only Fan. SOF. Haha

The guy really blows me away. I hope he retires here.