1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simpsons renewed through 2005. Yes!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sonny, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Thank You Fox! Now bring back Family Guy. :D

King of the Hill is great also.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/860779.asp

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

As a die hard Simpsons fanatic, I'm a little embarrased to say that I don't watch new episodes on Sundays...Not because they're un-funny, but because I know that the show will be in syndication for the rest of eternity. A lot of loyal viewers have said that the newer episodes has become stale, but as long as people continue to watch, I guess FOX will keep going along...I just don't want the greatest show of all time to limp to the finish line like so many other sit-coms have done previously...

This also is testament to just how crappy new comedies are these days...

3. Sonny

Well I still watch them...

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I wonder if the ratings stay relatively stable or exhibit big drops in recent years...Anyhow it has got to be true The Simpsons may be the most successful sindicated T.V. show in history...

5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only thing that sucks is that King of the Hill is moving back to 6:30CST.

6. Sonny

I don't know the $$$ amounts, but Just Shoot Me and Everbody Loves Raymond were each sold for over 500$ million in syndication. (525 million for 5yrs of Just Shoot Me). :eek:

http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2002/0708/128.html

The Simpsons is still rerunning on Fox so they haven't made any $$$ yet. If they sell them to other networks, big time cash.

7. Sonny

Anything they put after the Simpsons in the 730cst slot is going to have decent ratings. That's how Fox starts all it's new promising shows.

I think King of the Hill is strong enough to make it in the 6:30 slot. I wish they would move Futurama up to the 730cst slot. It is a great show and needs some exposure. It is pretty cool that it comes on at 10pm cst on the Cartoon Network now.