1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

LAC does not want to face the rockets in the playoff, so they decide to rest all starters for the Utah game. Somehow, Morey is right, no body wants to face us.

2. malakas

malakas Member

I think that even Philly can beat this team.

3. txn

txn Member

The answer is "Yes".

1. Anything is possible in the playoff. Although the chance might be 0.000000000001%.
    2. "A playoff team" will definitely help when we try to recruit the KD or any other stars.
    3. The 14th pick isnt that much of value for DM, the history proved it. :)

4. daoshi

daoshi Member

Yes.

Based on the past history, what makes you believe a middle 1st pick will do anything for the Rockets? How many teams actually have a chance to compete for a title when you have GSW and Spurs in the West anyway?

At least, make playoff means something.

5. alethios

alethios Member

If we continue on our current path, we will end up with the 12th pick. Not a lot better but could be a difference maker.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Wow, had no idea about this pick. Well in that case, I think a pick is better.

7. JoeBarelyCares

Check out this history lesson - 1981 - Rockets went 40-42 in regular season, went on run to NBA finals, took 62 win Celtic team to 6 games.

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

I always want every Houston team to make the playoffs.

However, the reward for making the playoffs this year is playing the Warriors or the Spurs.

What's the point?

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Like I've said before, I have no interest in having this team make the playoffs and be embarrassed and get nothing in return. Give me the pick. At least it'll give me something to keep me hopefuly in the offseason. lol.

10. heypartner

heypartner Member

fwiw: we were the 6th seed that year.

anyhoot, Thought it was interesting the similarities to the one yr Hakeem missed the playoffs. We even fired Chaney that year. And within a yr, fired the owner. lols. I didn't mean anything by the history lesson, other than noting the similarities.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This seems reasonable to me. Well said, Trader_J. The team does need major changes. With a first round pick the off-season becomes far more interesting. Speculation about who will be available becomes a major pastime around here. Will we deal the pick? What other picks and which players might be added to a deal? Does Morey go for a higher pick or a significant player? Both, somehow? Having a 1st in play broadens the possibilities. We won't make noise in the playoffs if we get there, as much as it pains me to say it. We should have beaten Dallas.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Aren't the playoffs very unlikely at this time even if Houston wins out which is also highly unlikely?

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't think Harden is gonna feel humiliated or responsible if we miss the playoffs.

I think he's just gonna be like "teammates and management suck" and be bitter at the franchise which is the worst possible thing that can happen going forward.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

team is trying to lose the playoff spot at all cost

why should we care?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wow. They really did it. They really quit.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

as talented as that guy with beard is he is one of the most childish leaders or non leaders I have watched

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

Almost messed it up by winning tonight. Good job on securing the loss.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought they wanted to make the playoffs but they just quit.. couldn't believe it.. I wanted the playoffs so bad...

I thought they would at least make it seem like they wanted to fight until the last game of the season..

wow....

19. danoman

danoman Member

Use the pick to improve the team one way or the other. We don't have to wait for our pick to develop we can just package it with players for some players that fit our team. But please get the pick. That's the only consolation prize we have at this point.

#159 danoman, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Let's all start praying that we somehow win the draft lottery.

Ben Simmons or Ingram would be hella nice.