1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I have been on the forget the playoffs, get a draft pick and rebuild in the offseason crowd. That all changed when we started fighting for a playoff spot against two very hated rivals. Do i want to miss the playoffs if that means both the ****ing MAVS and the JAZZ make it? NO ****ING WAY!! You make it at all costs to knock one of those 2 assholes out and still rebuild this offseason anyway.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I refuse to care more about winning pro sports games than the players unless ther's money involved. And there's no money involved so I don't give a ****.

3. basketballholic

I was calling for a tank as soon as the deadline passed and we didn't make any major roster additions. It was obvious 20 games in that this current mix of players was going nowhere. And it was obvious when we didn't make any major additions at the deadline that we were going to continue to nowhere. We should've tanked from then on and been in a position to get a top 8 pick.

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If there is still a sliver of a chance for 6th seed, then I'm still hoping. But everything would have to go perfectly, and we would need to win out.

Records as of 4/7/16:
    Grizz 42-36
    Blazers 43-37
    Mavs 40-38
    Jazz 39-39
    Rockets 38-40

Blazers
    Apr 9 Min 10:30 PM W
    Apr 13 Den 10:30 PM W
    Blazers 45-37

Rockets
    Apr 7 Pho 8:00 PM W
    Apr 10 LAL 3:30 PM W
    Apr 11 @Min 8:00 PM W
    Apr 13 Sac 8:00 PM W
    Rockets 42-40

Jazz
    Apr 8 LAC 9:00 PM L
    Apr 10 @Den 5:00 PM W
    Apr 11 Dal 9:00 PM W
    Apr 13 @LAL 10:30 PM W
    Jazz 42-40

Grizz
    Apr 8 @Dal 8:30 PM L
    Apr 9 GS 8:00 PM L
    Apr 12 @LAC 10:30 PM L
    Apr 13 @GS 10:30 PM L
    Grizz 42-40

Mavs
    Apr 8 Mem 8:30 PM W
    Apr 10 @LAC 3:30 PM L
    Apr 11 @Utah 9:00 PM L
    Apr 13 SA 8:00 PM L
    Mavs 41-41

Seeding:
    5th Blazers 45-37
    6th Rockets 42-40 (Split with Jazz 2-2. Conference 28-24)
    7th Jazz 42-40 (Split with Rockets 2-2. Conference 26-26)
    8th Grizz 42-40 (Split 2-2 against Rockets. 1-2 against Jazz. Conference 25-27)
    9th Mavs 41-41

1 person likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I voted no, but not because of the pick. I just want to put season out of its misery as quickly as possible. I will doubtless be much more interested in the Rockets in the offseason than I have been when they've been playing.

6. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

To playoff is always better than not.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I voted "No". Also I do not think they will make the playoffs either.

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

No, and it pains me greatly to say so. This group of players has done nothing to make me think that they can beat any team in a seven game series.

I would be concerned about the effect that missing the playoffs would have on the rockets ability to sign a top free agent, if I thought we actually had a chance to sign a top free agent.

Honestly though, if you were a top free agent, would you even consider joining this train wreck of a franchise? It feels to me like the owner's top priority is his business dealings with China, the GM's top priority is having a puppet coach, the coach's top priority is playing Brewer as much as he can, the best player's top priority is looking swaggy, and the second best player's top priority is being a silly goofball. You would have to be a complete knucklehead to join this group, which is the last thing the Rockets need, and ironically, the only kind of player they are going to attract.

I've never hated a team so much that I love :mad:

9. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

The Mavs can finish 42-40 and we would still be ahead of them. But that scenario is highly unlikely.

10. basketballholic

Hopefully Morey hires Hinkie back today and Hinkie convinces him to lose out.

#110 basketballholic, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i've been to more games than you this year; at home and on the road. :eek:

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

how many corners have you turned. is it as many as the rockets

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So what's the benefit of missing it? Will that be more attractive to free agents?

Lawson didn't integrate because Lawson is bad.

14. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Getting a draft choice doesn't help and here is why: Given our current management we draft a power forward who will be good in 5 or 6 years. We play him for two years in the D-League, then we pay him to lose games for us for about a year and a half. We spend the next year and a half trying to trade him. If he shows any promise, we trade him for the next D-League player and start the cycle again. If nobody in the world will take him off our hands, we make him the starter for a year or so before giving up and eating his contract and relegating him to the bench for whatever time is left. Not on the bench as part of the rotation, on the bench as an ornament. And that's the cycle:

D-Leaguer
    game loser as he develops
    trade fodder for the next D-Leaguer if he does develop, game loser if he doesn't
    dead at the end of the bench if nobody is willing to accept a million dollars to trade us a second round draft pick for him

Unfortunately, our management is absolutely committed to having the players that we draft on our team only during the years they are least able to compete in the league.

15. Lightsnowaction

Rockets aren't winning 4 straight, especially against the T-Wolves . And the Jazz are beat the Clippers on account of Dic resting players that day. And the Spurs will make Rockets fans upset.when they test the final game of the regular season.

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

What is the point of making the playoffs? This team is so out of sync and dysfunctional I am not interested in seeing them get wiped out in 5 games max. This season just mercifully needs to end. As a fan I am just stunned at the way this season played out. If Morey thinks that coaching does not matter then maybe his MIT isn't Mass tech. Its from Monterrey Institute of Taco making.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I definitely want to make the playoffs. Missing them will make it impossible to attract a star free agent and this draft sux. Players at 14 are at best late firstt round caliber in other normal drafts.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't understand this idea that if we make the playoffs (and get majorly thumped, by the way), that makes us more attractive to free agents. Where is the data for this?

Whether we make one of the last playoff seeds or not, any savvy basketball person (players and agents included, I hope) can see we are more than one piece away from significant title contending.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lol...

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SJ2hJezvd2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#Pursuit