1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's tough, this vote; but in the end, I'm tired of the Wizard of Oz snake oil salesman bulls*** of "this team has been to the playoffs blah blah blah".

Hell, last night against Dallas, before the game, I hear how midget AssWipe Barea has been cleaning up. I thought, "Patrick of the low I.Q., do not go ghetto and do something stupid." And he finds a new low for stupidity and does something stupid.

Harden with his clubbing no-sleep ways commits 5,000 turnovers.

No D-Mo. The "coach" starts KJ (hey, finally playing him, good, but...no DMo?)

Brewer still gets plenty of playing time.

And we lose by 2?

To be honest, we don't deserve the playoffs, and even if part of me would be glad to at least make it there, I want that draft pick to grease a trade. Morey obviously wanted a 1st rounder but Detroit hosed us.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For at least a couple months I've been saying that the pick is better than getting d*** slapped in 4 or 5 games. It's nuts to think our guys will "learn" anything from that after going to the WCF.

We need that pick as a trade asset.

Unfortunately, we will make the playoffs, get steamrolled, and lose the pick. No one will "learn" anything but there will be a ton more negative buzz in the media about Harden/Howard, which I doubt they'll forget about when they become FAs.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Simple Answer.... BOTH !

Am I a bad Rockets fan? :confused:

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow, the voting on this has changed significantly since the last poll.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Option C: This group of players has made me stop caring about the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

people that are thinking not making the playoffs will have some huge effect on FA's chances. Well making the playoffs being a below .500 team is nothing to be proud of, especially making it just by default bc the other teams around you are just losing

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

At this point I just want them to go away. I hate them but I keep coming back. It's like I'm a battered woman.

2 people like this.
  8. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I feel the same way lol I get so upset and disappointed and tell myself I'm done with this team, but I'm stuck in front of the tv the very next game.

I personally think getting the pick would be nice but does anyone think that missing the playoffs would hurt our chances at landing a top FA? Would a top FA want to join a team that didn't even make the playoffs the previous season? Or is it just as bad if they make the playoffs and get humiliated?

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Whatever it takes to clean house. Everyone is on the table at the right price

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

No, heads need to roll and losing out on the playoffs might do more good than making it. If we get in, you can bet on Morey on others flapping their mouths about how ppl should be scared..

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If the ultimate goal is to win a championship, then the lottery pick best furthers the pursuit of that goal. We have to be honest with ourselves in saying that we will not win the championship this year as a 7 or 8 seed given the strength of the Warriors and Spurs. With a lottery pick, you at least have a chance at acquiring a superstar player, even though this year's draft crop is not the best.

But perhaps more importantly, the team needs to be shaken up. Making the playoffs could lessen the sense of urgency to make the needed changes. We have some nice pieces, including a young superstar with Harden, but we need a revamp of everything else including the coaching staff.

12. ibm

ibm Member

i want the playoffs. have had my mind made since about a month ago.

a 1st rd pick in the 12-14 range, esp. this yr.,,, wont have an impact. very unlikely.

13. Raven

Raven Member

I think Harden needs to be taken down a peg and missing the playoffs is just the sort of humiliation that might motivate him to take next season's training camp a little more seriously.

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Goudelock, Harden, KJ, Harrell, Capela starting lineup to finish out the season pls

15. ibm

ibm Member

that for the miss or for the make?

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

One would think.

But if a gut wrenching playoff loss to the Blazers didn't do it. If a 10 minute long viral video of you embarrassing yourself on defense didn't do it. If losing a close race for MVP didn't do it. If turning the ball over a record number of times in an elimination game during the WCF didn't do it. And if falling from the 2nd seed in the West to a below .500 team hasn't done it, then I wouldn't bet that getting an early start to the offseason would tip the scales very much.

But hey, he's balling out and putting up amazing numbers... Most nights. So what do I know?

1 person likes this.
  17. ibm

ibm Member

this.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I don't believe in giving up

19. napalm06

To me, these are the two most compelling arguments for how the year should end.

20. napalm06

Great post. Harden's huge offensive impact hypnotizes everyone into ignoring his major leadership flaws. At this point, he's the ultimate peak evolution of a Kevin Martin type player (which is something I've said before). I WANT to be wrong.