1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don't see how getting demolished for just an extra week is in any way enjoyable.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Check out this history lesson:

I've been saying to myself that it would be sad to see Harden miss his first playoffs ever. Hakeem only missed one playoff (until age 37).

That year was 1992. An embarrassing year for the Rockets, and a lot of turmoil, with rumors of Hakeem asking to be traded.

We barely missed the playoffs at 42-40 in the 9th seed.

In that draft, we picked Robert Horry with the 11th pick, and the rest was history!

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Regarding a pick, this.

Everyone is so fixated on Morey drafting another 'bust'. Chances are yes, they will keep pick. But they aren't limited to keeping it.

Maybe you have to use it to ship out a Corey Brewer.
    Maybe you package it with a player to move up in the draft.
    Maybe you package it with a player for another player.
    Maybe you kick the can ; ) and trade it for a future first?

"Give me the playoffs! Morey's gonna draft another bust!"

Yeah, but they aren't limited to just "drafting another bust".

Hmmm....

1st round pick(12th-14th)
    2nd round Knicks pick
    Possible own 2nd round pick

or

Losing in the first round
    No 1st round pick
    2nd round Knicks pick
    Possible own 2nd round pick

Such a hard decision.

4. WestendMassive

Hey, didn't I do this thread in February? lol

No to the playoffs - I never thought I'd say this but I am sick to death of Rockets basketball and want this team blown up. Missing the playoffs creates the impetus the Rockets need for a complete overhaul. If they make it and show something and god forbid they actually win a series, we risk them rolling out the same **** sandwich next season.

Adding a first round pick gives the Rockets extra flexibility in trades, which will no doubt help getting rid of some of the dead wood.

What I'd really like to see in the offseason is Morey going out to acquire players that actually fit with each other and fit with the game plan of whoever is going to coach.

No more putting a team of names together and hoping they can nut out a strategy - find a strategy and an identity first, then get the players that fit.

We're not going to get Durant, even if we do make the playoffs, there's no reason to think he's going to come here. So why not concentrate on bolstering the team with solid, hungry players that can do more than one thing?!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A pick doesn't matter, it won't matter for years.

What will matter is the cap room, that is the only way we turn this around, Picks are gravy.

DD

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If we get a draft pick and we stay at wherever we are ....... please pick best available and not for need. I don't' care if you have Harden Junior at SG available, pick him. We need talent.

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Whats the point? We don't have a coach so there is no chance of us "turning it on".

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know...my heart still says "playoffs", but my brain says "pick"...i mean, it's always a great feeling to watch your team in the playoffs, but this time it's different...to me they have no chance at this point, the opponents will be amazing and our team it's just not ready for that level, the chemistry is not there, the level of our game is not there...i can't fool myself at this point. I feel like we could've a chance vs OKC, same with the Clippers, but i just don't see this team, right now, to have a single chance vs Spurs and Warriors...

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I voted for the lottery but I do have a morbid curiosity if the playoffs could be the match that burned the house down. Could Harden set a new turnover record? Could his teammates just start freezing Harden out? What if they just all stood in the back court while Harden played one on five? How many different player rotations could JB roll out in a four game sweep? How many consecutive hack a Howard's could we see if the Rockets ever led a game? If we got four chairs for Ariza, Brewer, Beverley, and Beasley and arrayed them around the three point line would Harden even notice? So much potential for disaster.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, pass on the playoffs. That pick is way more valuable. If we were a young team then I'd say yeah, for the experience it's super important.

With this team? No. Nothing to be gained. I'd rather see how the team reacts to missing the play offs any ways. Pressure makes diamonds and all that. They don't deserve it and I don't think it'll matter, they will lose 2 of their last 4 games because they are who they are.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The bottom line is this team doesnt deserve the playoffs.

12. WestendMassive

I'm not saying the Rockets need the pick to draft a Rookie, the rockets need a pick to trade some of their ****ty players.

Corey Brewer isn't getting traded unless they throw in a pick as well, for example.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, if tanking means we get the pick and can get rid of Brewer with it, then I am all for tanking.

We can not have that guy on this roster any more, he is awful.

DD

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

They screw up all this.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

A known Mavs fan who just happens to constantly troll this forum (and you do a terrible job at that).

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey won't get canned. But Morey will most likely trade the pick than use it to draft a player. I for one trust his trading abilities than his drafting in the first round.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It doesnt deserve a pick either. Youll all the delusionals running wild talking about how great Morey is.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I want us to make the playoffs.

For the sole purpose of being swept by either GSW or SAS, and I don't mean close losses each game.

I really want GSW to light us up and have Curry rest in the 4th quarter of each game.

I want the national media to hate on each and every single person on this team and organisation. Continuously.

The complete opposite of last off-season will hopefully have the complete opposite result. Meaning the guys will come into camp ready to ball.

An entirely new coaching staff.
    Only a handful of this years roster returning.

I want those things. I think those things are brought about by an absolutely ridiculous beatdown in the Playoffs.

Sure I want the draft pick. But roster and coaching changes are going to net us much more Ws than a mid draft pick.

19. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Man this team killed all our vibe, I hate that I'm not the type of fan that can turn away and not watch this team even when they consistently play like stale dog **** and being outcoached every game. Playoffs would be fools gold at this point, missing the playoffs would be bitter but there should be no consolation for being the most disappointing team in the entire league, I don't really care at this point just like the team.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

No NO Know KNOW NOE NOE