1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Rockets win in Dallas, could win 3 of 4 and make playoffs. If lose, would need 4 wins; Mavs or Jazz to lose 1 plus gm against each other.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/717756017950351360">April 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

anyone who wants to miss the playoffs is NOT a rockets fan. anything can happen in the playoffs.

the warriors have never beaten us with michael beasley.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah that was Annoyance White

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

McHale got sh-tcanned after just 11 games despite reaching the WCF last season. Why can't Morey get fired if this season ends with the Rockets in the lottery? Especially when he's responsible for the roster and at least partially responsible for replacing McHale with JB.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I voted no, but there is no point in not making the playoffs. We should still try to make the playoffs, no matter what.

That draft pick will probably be in the 12-14 range. Adding the next Marcus Morris, Patrick Patterson, etc on this team is not going to help anymore. Of course, we could stumble on a player no one expects to be great (sorry Kawhi, gotta go with Marcus!) or swing that pick in a deal but the likeihood of the former happening or the later actually nabbing a player than can help now is next to nil.

Also, I heard on The Lowe Post with Hinkie that the one of the Rockets' major selling points to key free agents is the number of playoff appearances in recent years. The Rocket pride themselves on getting to the playoffs.

But ultimately, I don't want the Rockets to make it. As much as I hated to see last season end and so excited for this season, this season has made me want to take a break from it all. Other teams are going for records and impressive win totals, and we are living the 1000 ways to lose an NBA game every game. Also, playoff time will probably mean that Brewer and JET will get even more time over KJ, Goudelock and Beasley because of the former's "defense" and "versitility" and the later's "clutch shooting" and "experience" but I have had enough of them and JB in particular.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want the playoffs! But you know as soon as the Rockets relinquish the pick it will be very high.

JB is a terrible coach though so.. there's that..

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Clutch I gave this team hope for the last time. After tonight I hope we lose the rest of our games and I will be cheering for Dallas to take our spot

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've seen enough - I'll take the pick, please. Get this abysmal season over already...

As much as people like to say "do you want to return to mediocrity like a few years back?" ... pretty much same results - and at least I liked those guys...

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

The answer has been clear for awhile (for me anyways)

There was no run for the 6th seed coming. (You were asking them to do something they did maybe once all year: go on a run and play consistently good basketball)

There is no magical on/off switch like some seem to think. This is who they are. They're a .500 team. Hell, they're not even that right now. Harden or bust offensively & disaster defensively.

Half the team and the coach have one foot out the door. Half of these guys aren't coming back, coach included.

I see some mention "Go to the playoffs, it'll be good for the young guys!" Who? Clint Capela? If I told you before the season "Hey, it'll be great to just make the 8th seed and get young guys playoff experience", you're looking at me like I'm ****ing crazy. This isn't a young team. This wasn't a young team just hoping to sneak into the playoffs.

What's the upside of making the playoffs? Extending your season an extra week? So you can send Denver a first for a guy who barely lasted just over half a season before being waived?

Ohhhh, they took the Warriors/Spurs to 6 games! :eek: &mdash; Is that supposed to be some sort of accomplishment? Are we gonna hang a banner for that?

1 person likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Right, like I give a F about another Morris, or Jones or Patterson

Those 14th pick are dimes a dozen, it's just going to be some "potential" players that clutchfans hypes up for 3 years, and then turn out to be mediocre and traded.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I see what you're saying man, I really do..........

But this is a broken down, unmotivated / bad coached team. We need better quality players + Big Free Agent.

Give me a fricken Patrick Patterson 14th pick type of player. We can use anything going forward. A sweep or 3-1 vs Warriors is just not gonna help us.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

How much of the team's problems stem from its star player? And given that...how does the team make huge strides?

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah exactly. Who gives a ****? That's for Morey to figure out.

I wanna watch us in the playoffs even if we get pulverized.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Right now we are tied for the 12th pick.

btw: who has the tie-breaker for the 12th pick between Wizards and Rockets?

16. TheresTheDagger

Chances are we get the 14th pick. But there is always the lottery....could move up. AND of course a higher pick packaged with players or other picks could help us move up in the draft.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yep. Just like I suggested earlier. Brewer / Dekker + 14th for the 25th Pick. We got us a steal. ;)

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

No one wants a series in which we lose in 5 to either GS or SA, either.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

You of all people actually trying to tell people who is actually a rockets fan or not. Please

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Morey is pretty much done after this disaster. JB should have been fired and never hired. Dwight doesn't care anymore. What is there to look forward too? Honestly what free agent wants to come to the disaster known as the Rockets organization?