1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ SIMPLE FIX ] There's a simple fix to end all the hacking!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What about fouling to stop the clock near the end when you are behind? What about fouling to prevent the other team from shooting a 3 at the end?

2. MystikArkitect

Honestly this. Even if Tim is a better FT shooter than Josh at least it'll disrupt the flow of the game to excruciating levels.

Against the Spurs teams should do this and flop on every possession. Yesterday was an abomination. I don't get how Harden gets called out all the time for his FTs but everyone shrugs their shoulders when the Spurs flop and do hack a whomever.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

each player only has 6 fouls. So it wouldn't be forever or that long but it is..

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The bonus optional is the best solution I've seen anybody propose. Can you imagine a game between Clippers and the Rockets where both teams employ the hack strategy. NBA can't like that for entertainment value. Fouling players and resulting FTs in general kills the entertainment value.

5. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

You can foul out and if you only have 4 players that haven't fouled out you have to play a player with 6 fouls but the next time he fouls its a tech l think. So you guessed it more free throws!!

6. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

7. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Exactly my thought, consistency is the key.

8. dianelo

dianelo Member

Duncan is .73 at the line, Diaw .77 and Baynes is .87. Yes, you might get attention by fouling them but at the same time you're showing how incompetent the Rockets bigs are as compared to the Spurs' bigs.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's bad sportsmanship. . . . . not unlike faking an injury to stop a play in football

Rocket River

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Dont talk about assets like that!

11. CertifiedTroll

We could have Harden run in front of Joey blocking him. Then the other player would have to touch Harden before Dorsey. Harden can sprawl to the floor screaming, then he will get to shoot the shots.

Or we could just make 50% or greater and live with it.

12. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

One shot and the ball

13. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I like hearing everyone's take on this subject. Very Interesting...

I could have sworn there is a rule about fouling a player out of bounds?!? Something like, that it results in a FT and the ball. I could be totally off base, but thought there was a rule like that...
    if that were indeed the case just have Joey, Josh or Dwight pass the ball in and remain out of bounds.

Please someone tell me if this rule exists or I dreamed it up after a tough Rockets loss.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets - Clippers first round would just do that. Imagine a 7-game series. Instead of watching Harden and CP3 do wonders with the offense, we have Hack a Howard/Dorsey/Smith vs Hack a Jordan marathon.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Another idea is Josh Smith could just sit down. I'd love to see a ref call an intentional foul on someone sitting on the court.

You can't hack a shaq in the last two minutes, though. It's a technical foul, and ball out of bounds. So, you just combine the OP idea with the two minute, no hack a shaq rule. Use the OP idea up to the two minute warning (fouls away from the ball are optional FTs, then technicals within two minutes)

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I actually like the inbound option for one reason. If a team needs a 3 to tie, they can actually run a play to get open for that shot, instead of the other team fouling before the shot forcing them to settle for 2 FTs that still puts them down 1 if both are made.

17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Just bank the second ft really bad every time and hope your teammates get the rebound. Maybe practice that instead

18. GranvilleWaders

This is the answer..foul their worst shooting big man Immediately in response .and freeze the game...it will force the nba to look at this and change ..driven by advertisers

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I like this idea, create a 'football wedge' with Dorsey in the middle.

20. TheresTheDagger

How about return to the old standard....3 to make 2?