1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Explanation: Scola In Causes Pat/Hill Regression

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Liberon, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I dont want to lose Scola. He's the only real inside scoring threat we have. Trade hayes or Hill. Scola is a true pf. Hayes isnt a true center and i love to Hayes to death but it easier to masked Scolas shortcomings with a true center(i mean with a 7 footer or close to it) than to mask Hayes shortcomings(his height) with a better pf.

There arent too many better pf in the league than Scola.

2. PeppermintCandy

Ideally, I'd like to see Patterson start at PF alogside a center who can score some, play defense a lot and pass within the Adelman system. Basically, a taller, shotblocking version of Hayes, but good luck finding someone like that.

I'd love to have Scola (and Hayes) coming off the bench, but I doubt that's financially feasible. An upgrade at the PF/C spot will probably require trading Scola.

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I don't think anybody wants to keep Hayes at C, at least not as the starter. More properly, he should get backup minutes at both spots. If we don't trade for a center that gets real minutes, the starter will be either Hayes, Hill, PPatt, or Thabeet. Not what I'd like to see.

4. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

i dont really see whats so special about jordan

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Me neither...But according to popular demand , some people think his occasional highlight reel dunks and block into the front row, will put us over the top.. Dont think so:confused:

6. dartherus

dartherus Member

In the current NBA market, young players are a better trade bait than an older guy, no matter how reliable the older guy is.

Said that, Ppat, Hill, Budinger or Lowry would make better trade assets right now that a player labeled as 'old'like Scola (no matter how players relying on fundamentals rather than athleticism, like Nash, can play until 37).

So, if a true defensive C is to be gotten, it's more likely that a young desired player would have to go, not Scola.