1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Explanation: Scola In Causes Pat/Hill Regression

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Liberon, Mar 31, 2011.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Vet backup for blake and it would open minutes and keep playing time for Jordan at the 5. I'm merely suggesting that this is the kind of move the rockets should look to make. They have a overflow at the 4 with 2 young guys and they could use a 1 yr rental at center with a salary for sign and trade purposes. The rockets need to get rid of miller and his contract and pairing him with scola makes sense.

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You think Miller's contract is a "must get rid of" yet you want to trade him for Kaman, lol?

Kaman is lucky to ever shoot over 50% from the field, he's horrible on offense. We don't need a player like him, we need someone who will actually be serviceable on O while being a big body inside.

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

pause.... :grin:

4. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I feel the same way, Scolas a beast in the paint but hes too one dimensional, doesnt give us much else besides being veteran savvy

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

okay im going to ignore the grammar disaster for a sec....Im a realist...I dont need to look at a bunch of +/- stuff to see where the problem lies... That stuff only validates why some of yall want to keep the team "as is" and become the H-Town version of the Dallas Mavericks...Everybody there surely has good +/- ratio...but obviously there needs to be changes to get to that next level...just like us....But back to you ...Did this mfer type in the words "insert roll-eyes"?...:rolleyes:

6. Damion Laverne

Don't see a lot of interior scoring (what Barkley calls easy baskets) which could hurt us in possible playoff situations because other teams could force us to be jumpshooters.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That's how RA coaches.

I also want more PT for Dragic vs. Philly. But no, RA doesn't see that Lowry is hurting nor does he react when Philly is already double-teaming Lowry and our offense is stalling.

We could have used a 2nd ball-handler in the game esp. when Martin was not really hot.

Then after the game, RA gives an interview where he says "Yeah, I think the injury caught up with Lowry." Then he gives the usual excuse: "We went one-on-one again." Or "We stopped passing the ball."

One-on-one, my foot!? And he didn't say anything at all to remedy that during their timeouts? During the game when it still mattered?

And that's why I want him gone. He can't call any good plays when it matters, when we are fighting for our lives.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

But that's exactly what they were doing. Lowry was forcing shots instead of moving ball. Everytime Scola got the ball inside he forced it up. The whole team you they had to have that game and they played like it. To much stress for them.

I understand why you might thing that is the best time to sub but Dragic hasn't shown me enough consistency. ANd Patterson has been solid lately but that doesn't mean he will be better than Scola. Tough call. I will say one thing and that is Adelman has shown me a reluctance to try other players when his starters are struggling. I am not crazy about that but I have seen that backfire as well. You try someone different and they struggle even worse and then you mess up the rotation and the confidence of your players.

I have no problem with a new coach but I really want to keep Adelman's offense. So I would like to keep Sikma or Turner and get a more defensive minded coach. I also would like to have a solid coach that is actually willing to listen to Morey's stats input.

9. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

if we are rebuilding then yes trade him, but if were trying to win a championship leave him in the the team. But my opinion we are trying to get are act together with young players so better of trading him.

I love scola but it has to be done :)

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, kid, I did. Why? Because it is a cheap avoidance of the use of the English language to insult someone. If you're going to make a fool of yourself, which you are doing an excellent job of, by the way, use the words, not a stupid emoticon used so much as to be meaningless. When I type (insert roll-eyes here), it's directed at a chump who has gone above and beyond the typical idiocy viewed in the GARM. Congratulations.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yes we meet!!!....Being an idiot isnt so bad..It's a gift...nice way to attempt to justify the whole emoticon thing... If its embarassing me then its embarassing you...I can go all day mane...What you got Tommy??

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Am I a kid because I havent been on clutchfans since 92' like you??...If I do the math , that would make you somewhere between 35-45 right?.....Yet you call a kid a chump???.....smh...I'm guessin youre a housewife who aint got **** else to do since the hubbie and kids away till 3/4 ....I probably wont see any post thereafter until around 9 when the kids are asleep...Nice to have broads on the board...And I like it!!!1

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Deckard is one of us older members, but even he hasn't been on Clutch Fans since "92". At least he is a contributing member (in more ways than one) and doesn't claim to be able to throw for 300 yards against a prevent defense.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

that wasnt a claim thats the damn truth....I see Deckard has groupies...You might not want to get involved in this...This could get ugly...Somebody gettin banned today...If so, I'll verbally abuse about your goofy azz on the flipside....

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

See you later. I am sure you'd be on the short list of potential banned posters. Give me your best shot.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Keep it up, fuzzball.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Uggh, have you ever seen Kaman play? Perhaps you should. He has a pretty effective jumper, he can finish plays in the paint, and Oh yeah he's taller than our 6'6 center that we have now. We have plenty of guys who can play the 4 (Chuck, Patterson, & Hill) & there's a ton more in draft where we have two 1st rounders. Now is the time to package some of our 4's & draft picks for some real size.

18. PeppermintCandy

LOL a Han Solo quote from Deckard. Harrison Ford would be proud.

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Im tryin but you and bibrek not givin me enough ammo...Yall too lame for me sabotage myself ...Its hard to get banned when yall not givin me "ban" material..

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Empty threats.......

typical of a grade school kid. At least now we know who we are dealing with.