1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

He also got that beard tho. Carrying on the tradition.

No Worries, JayZ750 and Sooner423 like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Mean mugging.

What about this guy, is he available or nah?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True but you know him from leaking another video with a hot GF.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All said and done, Rockets need to match salaries on a Harden trade so a big contract coming back to the Rockets is likely.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

True, but the Miami matching filler contracts (Iggy, Olynyk) would be expiring.

6. sydmill

sydmill Member

I voted Simmons. He just seems to me to be the only guy that you can build a team around. I love Brown and would love to root for him on the Rockets, but I think you need another top 20 guy on the team with him to be a true contender for a deep run. I like that Simmons can make the players around him better much like a good PG can (or like Hakeem did back in the day). I would go with Simmons and leave him at the 3. If the opponent put a SF on him then I would have him go to the post (where he would be have been tutored by Dream). If the other team but a big on him then he can drive or we will have a mismatch with Wood and a smaller player. Hopefully Simmons' shot can be improved to where he just isnt a liability. If so then we are talking about a premier player to build around.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. mario_v

mario_v Member

If Simmons improved his jumpshot to the level of Westbrook, he would be unstoppable.

8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I would have Simmons operate at the elbow or in the post so his jumper wouldnt need to extend all the way out to the 3 point line. And he would just need to be enough of a threat to keep bigger defenders from sagging off. Smaller defenders he could take into the post where he already is adequate. Getting Simmons would necessarily do away with the Morey 3s and layups offense and look more like a traditional offense.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That doesn't really appear to be the case.

What he wants is to win and feels that isn't likely here.

Improve the roster , problem solved.

10. Rockets4Life13

Whichever team he goes to is gutted after trading for hin. He wants to go because he doesn’t boss the rockets anymore.

Btw i just looked at recent traded of superstars in the last 10 years. Looking at what these teams got for their superstars, we should be happy with someone like Brown +3 picks.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Naw screw that I don’t want to waste any more assets to bring in his buddies who leave after not even a full year.

Sign and extension James then we can improve the team.

You can’t have one foot in and one foot out

12. hakeemthagreat

How do you build around a guy who's scared to shoot in year 3?

13. hakeemthagreat

MPJ or Jaylen Brown would be the best option. Both are 2 guards, young, athletic & can score.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Herro and Simmons cannot prove they can get average 20 points plus, it has risks.

Brown and Sikam are very good. Our power forward is now very strong, if they will not put wood in power forward position, I will choose Sikam. Also it requires to immediately sign back Gerald Green and I Thomas to back up Guard position.
    Sikam can get over 20 plus. we can put Eric Gordon to play as starter. It is a real big 4.
    Cousions or wood, sikam Gordon, wall.
    Brown is also very strong, he can play in small forward position.

#114 elmotsang, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Where is the James Harden option?

16. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

Rockets fans deserve what you get. Jaylen Brien is a JAG and you guys voted for him

17. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

18. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Even though I can see how people believe Simmons has a higher ceiling as a player, I just don’t see how we can make this work with Wall. And it’s not like we can move Wall, so we would be stuck with 2 non shooters in the lineup for a few years. Just a bad feeling overall about that trade, I don’t know.

I’d rather take my chances on Brown or Herro + picks/young players. Such a tough call for our boy Stone, though. I just hope we don’t get robbed!

raining threes and Why not? like this.
  19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Wall can be the 6th man. If he stays healthy and plays well he can be traded. If he can't do those two things we shouldn't be worried about roster decisions based on him. I don't see a scenario where Wall really matters on our roster but can't be moved.

Stephen_A likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Like Simmons. Don’t like his max contract. But like draft night who is the best player on the board? Ben Simmons is still a unique talent despite scoring deficiencies. If it’s about getting the best player then he is hands down the best player on that board.