1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I believe that Walkers knee is a long term injury. I don't think anyone will touch his contract due to that.

I'm sure that Ainge would love to move Walker. Supposedly he tried to move him prior to the draft but had no takers.

I can't imagine the T-Wolves even entertaining the idea of trading KAT for a healthy Kemba since they already have Russell at the same position.. For a hobbled Kemba, they would hang up on you.

As for Boston's draft capital, they have their own firsts. That's it. Those would be low first rounders and not terribly valuable.

That's the problem. No contender really has a young player with potential and really valuable picks that they could offer.

The only one that really comes close is the warriors. They have Wiseman and they also have the T-Wolves pick this year along with their own first. I doubt that they'd give all of that up and not sure how Harden would feel about going to GS.

roslolian and clutchdabear like this.
  2. Big B

Big B Member

We will take brown and Kemba....but they get EG.

3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

im just sitting here thinking about a harden /brown /Tatum trio but I know I know it’s a pipe dream

roslolian and DrNuegebauer like this.
  4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No harm in dreaming as long as you know it's a dream.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

@Boston84 If you are watching today's Rockets game, you see the value of Harden. Put him with any 4 schmucks and it is competitive. He just needs a closer to play alongside him for the last 5 minutes when defences double down on him.

Trade Brown or Tate along with Smart - it really doesn't matter. You probably win whichever way

D-rock and Boston84 like this.
  6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I am watching the game and you are preaching to the choir. I said I’d do the trade but I don’t think ainge will and I also understand the risks involved with it

D-rock, jacoby and DrNuegebauer like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Woj really said they’d want more than just Harden for Simmons...

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Deuce, CHAMPBOY and 9 others like this.
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Portland can use Lilard or McCollum and 3 frps which must > those 1x plus players. It is much better to take risk to wait for their growth

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lillard nor CJ not winning the rockets anything

travfrancis, mikol13 and csc177 like this.
  10. opticon

opticon Member

Last night was a great example of why you don't take Ben Simmons as the centerpiece of a harden deal. He only scored 15 points and they lost to a lottery-bound Cavs team and he had the keys to the card since Joel was out for the whole game.

Simmons is a flawed player.

11. vlaurelio

with who can Wood co exist and avg 25 a game

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Herro is really terrible.

Brown is at his peak.

Simmons is obviously at his peak as well.

Siakam is oldest here and regressed. The NBA has learned how to guard him and that stale spin move.

Murray, MPJ, Bam are the only ones worth getting of these rumored teams.

13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

and what's even more glaring is the fact that the sixers had shooters all over the floor (once they benched dwert) and the offense still looked like **** with ben simmons running it - against the ****ing cavs of all teams lol

14. Rockets4Life13

How is Brown at his peak? He just turned 24 and is consistently improving year after year.
    I swear some posts on here are just weird.

mario elie, xaos and matchesmalone like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s only so many shots u can generate as a perimeter player when u refuse to even shoot an outside jumper, so Simmons ceiling as a scorer is pretty much set until that changes and he also becomes able to not just take, but actually make jumpers

teams won’t let u get off 20 fga all right at the rim...that’s why damn near every game he’s between like 8-12 shots despite playing around 35 minutes

Simmons has played 220 games, and has scored over 30 just 5 times...Harden averages over 30 and creates the same amount of assists as Ben and Sixers fans are actually debating if a trade is worth it...

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

As he marginally improves whatever skill level, and by the way, he isn’t very skilled at all.

He’s worked his ass off just to be a decent jumpshooter. But his handle, and passing are still bleh.

But as he marginally improves at guard skills, his peak athleticism will start fading.

Early 20’s is when guys are springier than ever. Brown needs his springiness.

He’s peaking, there’s really not much more to add for his game at this point. He’s not that talented.

17. vlaurelio

will he ever be a number one option which can attract double/triple teams and playmake/PnR to make his teammates all stars eg Wood

18. Rockets4Life13

That’s not the point of discussion here. The question is whether Brown peaked or not and by the numbers (age,improvement over the last seasons) he has not peaked. Once his numbers start to go down or stay the same you can say that he has peaked, but instead his numbers are going up.

Y2JT likes this.
  19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

No one really knows the answer to this.

20. riko

riko Member

Harden is a top 4 player. Unfortunately you lose pretty much in any trade scenario but for the live of god, atleast get a somewhat reasonable deal and Simmons is not it