1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Similarities between Islam and Christianity...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sane, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

the crusades, wars, imperialism...

the western world imposed its religion and culture on others, and muslims and also other asian countries just strived to survive, intellectual growth was the last thing on their minds...

and instead of bending over and taking it up the anal hole, muslims faught for theirs, and still are to this day, its just that now they are labled extremists/terrorists when they do so.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

is that the same ayesha who was the 9 year old bride? kinda different situation there.

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Fight the Power, Borat. Fight the Power.

4. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

It isn't our faults most of us do have a brain, and I don't think it was created by Satan. Whoever helped to put it in our heads does want us to put it to use.

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

why, since she was his wife? in fact in most of your minds she should be some opressed little girl who has no say in anything, kinda ironic when many many islamic books are written on her word. i dont see why its a different situation,

the culture of the land was that women were housewives, its not a religious thing. Mohammads (pbuh) first wife was one of the most succesful business(WO)men in the whole arabia... many muslim women hold high positions in their countries. Pakistan, bangladesh, indonesia, when was the last female american a president, heck even a vice president... ya look at yourself before you go pointing at others.

6. moomoo

moomoo Member

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

and no one is arguing against that...

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

pretty sweet song...

9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

The Crusades were terrible - but they didn't really have the affect that you decribe - Islam began to stagnate far before the European states really imposed their rule on the Middle East.

Something else has to have happened to essentially kill off innovation from Middle Eastern Minds in between the Dark Ages and now.

10. gotoloveit2

I said I never read the Koran and I said I do believe IT should be a book of love and peace IF IT is truely the book by the Being. I was merely responding to the in-Sane statements from Sane.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

maybe the rule of dictators, and the start of monarchies. possibly the end of the caliphate... not so sure...

sorry g2loveit... didnt read ur post straight..

12. gotoloveit2

It's Allah's will. Human too stupid to understand. Don't dare to question. Just follow His will. It's called faith.

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

wow, pretty pathetic moto you got going there...

14. gotoloveit2

Didn't mean to insinuate anyone's religion here. Just try to make a point here that faith and reasoning don't have to be mutually exclusive.

15. Sane

Sane Member

I sincerely disagree. For one, I think the wars that have been waged in recent history have all been a subconscious attempt of "Islam ain't working, let's make everyone live the Christian way, which is working just fine." Especially with Bush as president, I think that mentality is taking center stage.

I some ways, I don't blame anyone. Islam is going through a rough patch while Christianity has worked through the rough patches already, and it so happens that Christian countries, having a head start, have advanced more rapidly than others.

I'm not going to sit here and support the Ayatollahs, Royal family, and Gaddafi's style of treating people.... But those countries are suffering as the result of a poor leader, not because they are not a democracy. I live in a theocracy and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The nationals in this country are so well treated, it's unbelievable and the amount of respect they have for the Sheikh is tremendous. It's proof that theocracies CAN and DO work given the right leader. The Sheikh, btw, is not a religious leader. Neither is the Sheikh of Saudi Arabia.. He is a major figure, a Muslim, and uses Islam in every part of his life, but he's not a religious leader per se. Not like Khamenei for example.

To be completely honest, it matters very little what superficial vallues you guys have in West, since you're citing economy, opportunities, etc etc.... I'm much more interested in how my children are raised, their values, and how good of a job I've done of making them decent people. AlhamduliAllah, everyone can have a job in the Middle East, there's always something you can do. Contrary to popular belief, if you want to be something, you will do something. The only problem is that a large number of Arabs have too much pride to work their way up and want to start right at the top. My father swam halfway across the Persian Gulf to here, and slept on the beach at night. Now he's making a decent living, thank God, because he worked his way up. On the other hand, one of my Uncles refuses to work in a store and would rather keep borrowing money from his family and living in his sister's house.

The idea that you can't make it in certain countries because they are not democracies is bull****. If you work for it, you will have what you want.

16. Sane

Sane Member

God judges you by your heart's intentions and your sincerity. If you truly had every reason to believe it was God, and had absolutely no way of knowing otherwise, do you think God will fault you on that?

17. Sane

Sane Member

Again, he can but he won't.

Even in Christianity, Jesus rose from his grave didn't he?

As for Islam, he doesn't die in Islam.

So either way, he can do it, and in the case of Islam, he won't.

18. Sane

Sane Member

Bah. I can use reasoning when I want but when God of earth and the heavens is telling me to do something, I'm pretty damn sure he's done the "reasoning" already.

God won't ask you to do something if there is no purpose from it.

19. Sane

Sane Member

What happened was Muslims had something more important to think about so the "thinkers" slowed down a bit to lend their "thinking" powers to Islam. They split their "thinking" between refining the religion as well as advancing their own standard of living.

20. Sane

Sane Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.