1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Similarities between Islam and Christianity...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sane, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sane

Sane Member

Very silly assumption. Muhammad was not educated (couldn't read or write), and is not based on Muhammad's views. Muhammad's views are secondary to the Qura'an.

You are clueless but don't want to admit it. You know very little about Islam and Muhammad PBUH. Because if you knew anything of his poersonality, you would already know that the thigns you mentioned are impossible.

The reason the 10 commandments are in the Qura'an, going by your "i'll make my statement with no facts to back it up" approach, is because the same God which sent the Bible for Christianity also sent the Qura'an for Islam.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

you clearly imply atheism is bad because it causes people to kill themselves. so you expect me not to defend that?

single sample of information?

in the past 5 years how many instances of suicide bombing have
    we seen that has been attemped or commited by a Muslim? USS Cole, 9/11, Iraq, Israel, Bali, Richard Reid. I'd say my assumption is about as accurate as yours.

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I know, I know. He was illiterate, yada, yada.. it was amiracle from Gabriel the Arch angel...

Peanut Butter University of Houston

He sat some 23 years in a cave hiding for fear that the people group[s he attacked might kill him... then he wrote (or had his 9 year old wife, or some other perv scribe) write down and transcribe what he already knew out of the Talmud.

BTW- the 10 C's are in Judaic law, well before Christianity some 4000+ years, and Christ was 600+ years before Muhammed...

Muhammed copied what he had written... then claimed "angelic visitation" and "miracles" took place.

Read up here.

http://www.balaams-ass.com/alhaj/yitha.htm

You may learn something your Imam hasn't been allowed to tell you yet.

4. Sane

Sane Member

If you're sayign our assumptions are as accurate as each other, then we are in agreement.

But, in my eyes, there's no difference between killing yourself and killing an "enemy". If the end-goal is heaven, then both cases will lead to rewards for the innocent and punishment for the guilty. You commit suicide, you will go to hell, you kill someone you will go to hell and they will go to heaven if they don't deserve it. Ofcourse, if you don't believe in heaven, then this is meaningless to you.

5. Sane

Sane Member

List of reaons why you're wrong:

1) He didn't attack anyone before the revelation. So why then would he hide in a cave for 23 years?

2) If he can't write and he can't read, then he basically heard every single thing that was in the Torah and the Gospel, memorized EVERY SINGLE THING, then recited it to people word for word, and they copied it down. You would have to be a total fool to believe that happened.

3) No one was in the cave with him, so if you are a fool enough to believe the previous scenario, then tell me when and where he HEARD the entire Bible and Torah from? The cave can be seen right from Makkah, so no, there's no way he was sneaking people in there for 23 years and no one noticed.

4) His first wife was 15 years his senior. He married a girl at age 9, but it was basically an arranged marriage - he didn't "touch" her till MUCH MUCH later.

5) "Muhamad copied what he had written." Contradiciting yourself? Muhammad was illiterate. Couldn't read anythign and couldn't write anything. So you are absolutely wrong here.

6) "Muhammad (pbuh) was an illiterate but wise and well-respected man who was born in Makkah in the year 570 C.E., at a time when Christianity was not yet fully established in Europe. "

I doubt even a few men knew much of Juddaism and/or Christianity, much less the entire religion. That's why they had to bring Waraqah Ibn Nawfal to see what happened, and when he heard of what had happened, he declared that the heavenly message that had come to Moses of old had now come to Muhammad, and that he was chosen as a Prophet of Allah.

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you. Try again.

6. Sane

Sane Member

I invite everyone to look at IROC it's site, just so that you can connect him with his beliefs.

Your site? Laughable. The author clearly knows nothing about Islam, and has taken literally almost every quote out of context. He doesn't even know who the dajjal is, and wrote a whole chapter on it?

Wise up man. Seriously.

At some point, the guy becomes hilarious...

Forget the fact this this story caries on forever, clarifying that it RESEMBLES the ringing of a bell.... Nevermind that...

Later on....

Ummmmmmmmmmm...... EXCUSE ME, but don't you call people to church with bells?

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

while there are similarities b/t the two, i can also think of some big differences.

while christians are not always the most tolerant people, they never advocate killing people who do things that they disagree with. ill cite an example that sane himself gave in the gay arguments thread a while back. sane agrees w/ certain muslim countries policy of killing gays b/c homosexuality is viewed as a sin against god. i think he argued that murder of gays was a good deterent against this major sin, which he views as far worse than stealing. while christianity does not condone homosexuality, it would never condone killing them.

also, had 2 buildings in cairo been taken down by suicide hijakers i dont think you would have seen tens of thousands of people celebrating in the streets of new york and acting like it was the greatest day of their lives like we saw in cairo on 9/11. i dont think that christians would be so outwardly gleeful about the murder of 3,000 muslims.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sane is simply missing the first two letters of his name.

"IN"

;)

DD

9. DaDakota

Certainly not, and it was mostly "CHRISTIANS" that saved the Muslims in Serbia, and it was mostly "CHRISTIANS" that removed the extremist regime in Afganastan, and it was mostly "CHRISTIANS" that removed an oppressive regime in Iraq.

I guess it it were not for all these caring "Christians" there would be far more persecution against Muslims.

DD

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
    It's easy if you try,
    No hell below us,
    Above us only sky,
    Imagine all the people
    living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
    It isnt hard to do,
    Nothing to kill or die for,
    No religion too,
    Imagine all the people
    living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
    I wonder if you can,
    No need for greed or hunger,
    A brotherhood of man,
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
    but Im not the only one,
    I hope some day you'll join us,
    And the world will live as one.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Writen by: John Lennon

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

... and Judaism. ;)

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely!! as i tell a close Jewish friend of mine, I'm just an Irishmen who was grafted into the Hebrew God through Christ! :D

13. Sane

Sane Member

It's a matter of justice. If homosexuality is as bad as Islam makes it sound, then the punishment that is in the Qura'an is perfectly fine by me.

Is the story of Lot or Loot in the Bible btw?

As for your second example, it's only because America is not a Christian country. It's run by a Christian, and the biggest group is the Christians, but there are so many other religions, cultures and beliefs that the whole of America will never agree on anything or rejoice together about anything. An example of this will be soon, when your president is elected, we'll see how the losing voters react.

Aside from that, which "gleeful" people are you talking about? Somehow, just like the "torn down" statue of Saddam story, I think you've seen a small bunch of people do this and obviously from your post have assumed that all Muslims were "gleeful" about it. I certainly wasn't. There were Arabs and, I believe, Muslim, passengers on that plane.

14. Sane

Sane Member

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Judaism Max... Never heard it from a Christian point of view, and have heard it from the Muslim point of view way too often...

15. Sane

Sane Member

I knew from day 1 this moniker would be a bad choice!! I don't think anyone on this board hears the same comment as much as I've heard the "insane" comment!! lol....

I have to say in response to you though... Afghanistan is not doing much better, and neither is Iraq. Bin Laden and Mullah Omar are both still alive. You guys are struggling to keep Saddam's faithfuls under control, and the citizens are now against you as well. Right now, the U.S. is in Iraq for two reasons:

1) To save face. If they leave, they will be a complete mockery.
    2) To collect the $$$ (oil).

All this bull**** about saving the Iraqis and saving the Afghanis, when in fact the U.S. did both those things to protect its own ass from Bin Laden adn Saddam. Not that it's wrong to protect yourself, but tell it like it is....

16. jo mama

so in islam, justice is served by killing gays? and its "perfectly fine" by you? no offense, but i find that perfectly disgusting and an example of how islam has no respect for human life.

doesnt the koran say that all who do not acknowledge the authority of allah are sinners and it is the duty of muslims to make war upon them (or something to that effect)? basically, those who dont follow islam should be killed or enslaved. i dont think christianity puts that kind of imposition upon non-christians.

in regards to 9/11, what i saw on tv was tens if not hundreds of thousands of egyptians celebrating in the streets of cairo on that day. it was way more than a "small bunch of people." and this was not the only islamic city where these kind of "celebrations" broke out. i also saw footage of the same thing in pakistan (i think islamabad). the same thing happened in palestine and arafat, fearing u.s. retribution said anyone caught filming the "celebrations" would be executed.

im not saying all muslims were out there dancing in the streets, but when you have thousands it is not insignificant. it was no "small group of people". and the saddam statue toppling was compleletly staged, pathetically so, but that really doesnt have anything to do with this.

again, i dont think that you would have seen such a large group of christians celebrating the murder of 3,000 muslims.

#36 jo mama, Sep 2, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  17. DaDakota

There sure were, they were the ones hijacking the dang thing and flying it into buildings.

As for why we attacked, you bet, if there was no oil there, and the world's economny was not at stake we would have let the Middle east wallow in their tribal warfare and continue to kill each other.

However, since the last century taught us some valuable lessons about how the entire world can be dragged into a regional conflict, we aren't going to let that happen anymore.

Afganastan's government was corrupt and had major human rights violations (Which Islam endorses btw), and Iraq's leader also killed millions of his own people.

Both governments had to go, and if Syria, and Iran etc..etc...go to...all the better.

This is a cultural war, it is not a war about oil, or religion, but of a male dominated religious culture (Middle East) and an equal rights culture (Western world).

They could both coexist if one of them did not have an edict in their religious beliefs that all non believers should be wiped out.

I have said it before, and will say it again.....the Islam religion is questionable at best.

Written by a seedy warlord/pedophile to control the ignorant masses.

Sane, you really should try to get out more.....

DD

#37 DaDakota, Sep 2, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  18. jo mama

i wouldnt go so far as to call mohammad a pedophile, but this brings up another big difference b/t islam and christianity...

arranged marriages. ill use hakeem as an example. correct me if im wrong, but didnt he marry an underage girl in the mid-90's? i understand that arranged marriages are part of islam, but for islamic parents to send off their kid to marry a grown man? does the girl have any say in this whole affair?

in christianity, young girls arent married off to older men. they actually get to choose who they want to marry and when they want to get married.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

God made a covenant with the Jews. God doesn't go back on His word. I don't believe His promises to them will be broken, if they remain faithful. And I'm eternally grateful for the parallels and precursors from Judaism which help me understand God through the lens of Christ. I believe they're off on who Christ is. But they believe I'm off on who Christ is. And you believe I'm off on who Christ is. Sooooo....

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

insane, besides the middle east, america is the most religious country on earth. that is both of our problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.