1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Similarities between Islam and Christianity...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sane, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outlaw

outlaw Member

what if the law is wrong?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tell that to the people in Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or the former Afganastan or Libya..etc..etc...etc....

And if I think the Muslim religion is wack....I have a right to voice it.....Freedom of Speech...right?

DD

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Leave.... If tonight Bush made a law saying that it is illegal to be muslim. i pack up and leave. yes i know running away isnt the answer to everything, but just because you dont agree with someones choice of life you dont try to change their lifestyle.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

That isnt a religious thing. Islam has always allowed freedom of speech. The leaders right after Mohammads death were elected, ther was no sort of tyranny. Muslims have as much a right to say whatever they want to as long as it doesnt go against islam. I have the freedom of speech as long as I dont say anything traitorous.

And I think you and your mother are wack... I have a freedome of speech... right? Yes, up until you go around throwing personal insults at others and their religions.

5. DaDakota

Adeel,

Why not just stay and change the country YOU care about for the better, by making the laws fair for everyone?

And if not, then stop asking the USA to come bail you out every time there is a human atrocity in the world.

Stop asking us to bail out Kuwait, or to bail out the Muslims in Serbia....let the ethnic cleansing happen.

No more whining...right?

DD

6. DaDakota

Yep, you have freedom of speech...no doubt, and I for one am glad you have it.

I still think the Muslim faith is full of contridictions and prone to violence.

I think it is wack.....and until the Muslim faith shows some tolerence for HUMANITY...like Gays, or women, or Christians, or Jews.

Then I will call it like I see it....STUPID !!!!

DD

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Thats just your opinion...

so what about Islam shows its nontolerance to women?
    or Christians or Jews.... True they are fighting against jews, but so are the jews fighting against the muslims. some jews have a mission to wipe out all muslims, at least from Israel. Does that make Judaism intolarent for humanity?

Call it like you see it. but obviously your opinions mean nothing to the World, so you can just go on blabbering on and on about your hatred towards religions and all that STUPID stuff you always say.

8. DaDakota

Adeel,

One day you will grow up and understand that the world is a LOT more tolerent than the Muslim religion.

Or maybe you won't be able to think for yourself and will blindly follow some text written thousands of years ago to control the ignorant masses.

Your call...

Also, calling someone's mother Wack is unbelievably childish, especially being that my mother died of Luekemia last year. But then again, you wouldn't have respected her because she was a Christian woman.

DD

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Are you talking about <i>Theory</i> or the actual implementation in a particular country?

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

DD, if you have traveled the world more than me or have met more types of people than me, surely i will atleast try to listen to what you have to say. But I have not only lived with Muslims,and Christians, but also Jews and Hindu's. I have lived in Saudi, Dubai, London, Hyderabad, Delhi,LA, Houston, and now Virginia.

I have seen violent people in all religions. And tolerant/nice people in all religions. Maybe if you went to your local mosque and actually spoke with Muslims, instead of just generalizing them. I have spoken with Jews and Christians on their beliefs, so i dont disrespect their religion or their teachings(ISLAM taught me to do so)

I guess just because of my religion, it negates the fact that I am well traveled and have actually decided for myself that the religion I follow is the right way, and not just coz some text claims that it is.

And the name calling, you started it. As I said Mohammad means more to me than most people think of their parents, and I even stated that before the name calling, and in many previous threads. Mohammad is dead too, but I guess you cant respect him, because he is Muslim.

I respect many christian women, My English teacher a couple of years ago was one of my role models, she got diagnosed with lukemia too, i go to the hospital to visit her, and also have helped her come back to teaching... so i dont know where you got the whole disrespecting christian women.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

the theory. I know there are cases of abuse of women in many countries thats not what I am saying. I want to know where has the quran not tolerated women. where has Islam been unjust with women?

12. DaDakota

Dude....I RESPECT EVERYONE !!!

I do NOT respect religion, especially ones that deign to control all aspects of life for no reason other than to control and propagate the spread of said religion.

It is all good...I never called you a name....just don't respect your beliefs in religion.

I do like your baseball takes though.

DD

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I respect most people as long as they dont disrespect my religion or me.

I never called you a name, you called my parent like figure a name, so i did the same. No hard feelings, just trying to make a point. sorry about ur mom btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.