1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver: there's no conspiracy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, May 30, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...onspiracy-talk-defends-draymond-green-ruling/

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Kings vs LA 2003.

That's all you need to know that this league has been rigged for years.

So, I believe you may be the foolish one here.

1 person likes this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

draymond really didn't mean to try and break/dislocate adams' arm on that wrestling take down. after interviewing the refs we sent in to replace the originally scheduled refs and after interviewing steph curry, we came to the conclusion that there was no intention on mr. green's part. in other news the venture capital group behind the warriors is going to get my brother some seed capital for his headshine cream startup

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

2002 not 2003. In 03, Robinson's final season, the Spurs made the Lakers cry. The whole bench, especially Derek Fisher, were in tears.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

NBA loves that Silicon Valley money

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I hate Silver... He's just the ultimate poster boy for despised stereo-types. Ugly moth****a...

1 person likes this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Every time my 6 man team endeavors to defeat this guy on hell on earth I always think of Adam Silver.

[​IMG]

9. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I think you missed his point. If you really believe the whole thing is rigged, and not a real competition, why are you even watching?

And don't say, "I watch it like the WWE." WWE fans don't scream about it being rigged and a conspiracy, lol. They enjoy the scripted performance...you clearly don't enjoy the (alleged) scripting.

1 person likes this.
  10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

NBA conspiracy nerds:

"Okc shooting 9 more free throws and being called for 5 fewer fouls was obviously a attempt to throw everyone off the conspiracy scent."

1 person likes this.
  11. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

There have been academic studies showing that NBA reffing is revenue positive, i.e. refs tend to err in a way that makes viewers stay through the 4th quarter and that extends playoff series. It's hard to fix things to "GS will win" without being detected, but not so hard to fix it as "the team behind in the series will rise up and tie it." Most people (refs, casual fans, media, owners) actually enjoy the latter type of bias because it makes games more exciting.

It's not a huge effect. It doesn't mean you have to quit watching (I still do). But it is true that sometimes a team starts from two points down.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Jim Dolan and Carmelo Anthony.

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Silver must not be good at rigging things yet since small market basketball Siberia Minnesota landed Karl towns instead of the Knicks last year

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

I thought it was rigged for Curry....It's actually rigged for Lebron. Lebron gets his revenge against GS and and wins a championship for the city of Cleveland! Perfect scripting for the NBE!:rolleyes:

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

He favors GSW.