1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver Lining: Searching for Positivity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chenjy9, Jul 2, 2016.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It depends how much stamina our players can develop for this season. MDA's teams play at a really high pace, meaning our players will be doing a lot of running. If we can keep up our pace, we can tire out a lot of teams. If I was Harden, I would be focused on that first and foremost. It's all about which team can pull the other team into their style of playing.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how's this for positivity?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ESPN sources say that the Mavericks intend to sign Warriors restricted free agent Harrison Barnes to a four-year max offer sheet on July 7</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/749390641621135360" data-datetime="2016-07-02T23:53:46+00:00">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We haven't given out any terrible contracts.

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

We are one Harden injury away from being able to legit tank this year for a great 2017 draft.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Not until Eric Gordon will be confirmed to sign with another team.

6. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I don't think they'll win much more than they did this last season. They broke even last time and they added MDA and Anderson, that's not gonna do much and that's ok if they have a plan in place. I'm just hoping to see exciting basketball finally, it was hard watching the crap they pulled just a couple months ago.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The funny thing is this is prob the biggest thing that will happen this year.

I expect us to win 50+ games this season for the simple fact that we won't lose to the bad team and we will beat a few good ones here and there just because of harden.

The media is going to peg us as a 500. Ball club that is either an 8 seed or outside looking in. When we surprise them and get in that 4-5-6 range which is totally attainable with harden and shooters the media will shift in our favor and maybe next year a top FA will think he's the missing link to this team.

Assuming we sign Eric Gordon who i think is a very good signing by the way for anything 12mil or less. We could go into next season as a 50 win team with depth chart that looks like this with max slot remaining.

Bev
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/brew/kj
    Anderson/Harrell
    Capela/Dmo

Potentially that's a pretty good athletic team with some scoring and defense.

We'll see this year how it goes but I expect this team to win 50 games or more and if we can get in to that 4th seed the narrative will Change 180 degrees for us.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silver lining - When Harden walks and we get nothing in compensation for him, we can really suck the next year and get a high draft pick for the first time in 20 years. Here's looking forward to the 2019 draft.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We didn't sign mosgov for $70 million or trade for Derek Rose.

1 person likes this.
  10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Lol, you said Kanye is one of the worst artists in hip hop. With that single comment it makes your whole post invalid for saying something so stupid.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Silver lining: According to their own posts, many of the worst CFers are done with the team because Morey's an idiot who even calls his wife an "asset" and Les is a cheap moron who won't allow tanking. If they stay true to their word, we'll never have to read posts from those guys again.
    <BR>

1 person likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If Gordon and Dmo and Anderson can stay healthy we have 8 players that are average to above average NBA players .

If we can trade for another playmaker either at the 1 or the 3 we can have a pretty explosive squad .

13. dmoneybangbang

Such is merely a fantasy...

14. The_Pants_Store

Silver Lining: I think Ryan Anderson is actually going to improve his game with us. I'm know there are health issues, but I think there were also some mental health issues. Anderson lost his girlfriend to suicide a few years ago, and I know that still weighs on him. Even thought he was starting to move past it, I think being in a new environment with a fresh restart in life will help him some how find some closure to that. I know that might sound dumb to some folks, but I honestly think he will be a lost stronger mentally in a new environment here in H-town. I would like to think he will thrive in MDA's system like others here think, but this might also help his game as a whole. Just my thoughts.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Positivity--HOU still has the Astros and Texans to cheer for?

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets have better players than they had before, and those players fit the system that the coach wants to run.

Also...I'd rather have Anderson and Gordon on their contracts than Harrison Barnes on his, so LOL Mavs

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Sorry guys, rockets have no shot at the championship if Ryan Anderson is our second best player.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

BREAKING NEWS:

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Kanye is a horrible rapper.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well. . . . We will win at least 50 games next year

Rocket River