1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas needs to be fired for the way he treats Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2022.

1. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have been critical of Silas and his rotations, but in this case it appears to me that he wants to see more of Garuba (possibly before Bruno comes back) especially with the starting unit. Coaches and their staff will sometimes sub players in specific game situations as a way of getting a look at their game time reactions.

He knows what he'll get from Sengun and in the last couple of games has wanted to see Garuba. As this is a developmental year (not focused on winning as everyone who matters GM, Coach, Owner, has said) I'm not going to fault him for this.

It seems like Sengun fans sometimes lose track of the fact that he and what's good for him is not the sole focus of this team. Other players need to develop as well and there is no substitute for in-game reps (can only see so much in practice) for the player to develop and for the coaching staff to analyze the players development.

#61 O-dawg, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Newlin likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sengun fans back to being racist and throwing out dog whistles towards black people…y’all are filth

jiggyfly, Verbal Christ, pmac and 2 others like this.
  3. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Lol here we go.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They can't. You are making it up. He had 5 blocks last game. He had a positive +/- this game.

aaquaa likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

one poster only

CircaSurvive likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Seeing that I should never take anything you ever post in this message board serious again. Because you are 100% not an intelligent individual. Hakeem as your name… the man would be embarrassed to be associated with that post.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not just this game. Sengun almost never plays in the last part of the game no matter who the match up is. I just can't think of any reason for that.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y it so hard to just say silas is an incompetent mf who can't utilize a great talent like sengun.

Sengun only fans gotta be spinning drama of how he hates sengun and is being racist.
    U think the man would rather get fired then play sengun over skin color?

Man just takes forever to realize that players are good. It took a season just for him to start play garuba more.

Sengun did not play well last game. His post game wasn't ez money.

CircaSurvive likes this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did Jalen Green have it last night?

10. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Damn some of ya'll actually don't like Sengun imagine defending Silas dogshit ass coaching over Sengun's play ahahahaha

11. conquistador#11

That's not fair either. At one point to start the 3rd qtr, Sengun had 11 and Turner still had 10 . Turner was not doing that much defensively and was outworked on the glass.
    3 of Senguns missed shots were in the first half with Turner out. Then, he missed a one legged fade away on Turner, a "post up" floater where he had to dribble from near the three point line to post himself up. You only see that from 40 year olds in a rec league. 2 layups after getting by Turner.

I'm not even counting 3 sure thing assists blown from the high high 'post up' by the recipients.
    Sengun only had one true post up. He wasn't put in a position to excel and get to the free throw line. not using his best skillset is malpractice. Is that coaching or players not knowing the situation or players knowing the situation and just ignoring playing for themselves? Olajuwon, who hugged Sengun, would have demanded the bol.
    Halfway into the 3rd qtr, Sengun exits and Turner collects every foul that was not being called on the other end. Game.

12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The first thing you learn in professional life is "average quality" i.e it can be something 5 stars and the others 1 star in an organisation, hotel, club, society. There is average quality, let's say 3 stars hotel, something may vary 2 to 4.

It applies to the current Houston Rockets organisation, you can't expect 1 star head coach and 5 stars ownership/players/training facility/commentators/press/fan base.

Better to ignore some of fans as we have to hibernate over Silas's coaching.

If anyone compare Alperen to lunatic cleric supported armless Kanter just neglect him/her. The life is not that long, don't waste time.

During the game I posted that Silas wouldn't let Alpi to finish the game unless loss was guaranteed. It was and Silas let Alpi to taste bitter pill.

It seems that Alpi thinks he will be out at the final part of the game and he becomes out of game at the closing chapters. Better first halves than seconds. I don't think we can suggest anything till Silas leaves. He will do better under any other coach.

As long as he is not traded to Knicks-the team I hate most- I am content with any upcoming.

hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Al-P is pretty bad on D. But.... we are 0-50. What's the point of taking him out to "win" in the last 5 mins. It should all be about putting young players in critical situations to learn.

Silas, if he was trying to win, gets an F.

Silas, if he was trying to develop young players, gets an F.

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

How many times has he been beat off the dribble or been scored on by his defender? How many times has he been outmuscled for rebounds? Or do ppl just cherry pick metrics to make him seem better than he really is?

34to11 likes this.
  15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So it's Silas now, and before that his other coach's fault he didn't play well?

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think last part of the game if defense is needed, idk how anyone could fault silas for using garuba over sengun. Like anyone who argues that sengun is the superior defender over garuba is just being too much of a sengun fan at this point.

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Once again I went against the fanboys on this board & got ripped apart for telling all of you continuously two things: Nix SUCKS and Silas sucks (small letters because he’s such a nice guy). One day you all will learn to respect my opinions, because I’m usually right.

Ankara1923 and aaquaa like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Al P has improved his D. Still sub par but he’s played better than last year and the effort is there. He’s moving in the right direction.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Who has been defending nix what nonsense r u going on about.

20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Problem is that he’ll win the 82nd game of the year and all the homers on this board will fall in love with him instead of putting pressure on the team to fire him. You all hate the guy when he loses, but win one game against a team sitting their best player and in your mind he’s Rudy Tomjanovitch.

hakeem94, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.