1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas needs to be fired for the way he treats Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2022.

1. opticon

opticon Member

I want Silas gone but I want Wemby or Scoot H. more. Silas can hit the road after we have played our 82nd game.

Caesar and pmac like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please leave the religion and race stuff out of it. Saying that stuff just takes away credibility from people who legitimately just do not understand why a very skilled player keeps getting undermined by the coach.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He's our best rebounder, had 5 blocks last game. He is also usually alone on an island because the guards play bad defense.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know what his motive is, but the way he treats Sengun - purely based on Sengun's skill and potential - is just not right.

5. Risingred

Risingred Member

I watched the game and every single game of the Rockets played this season but I couldn't see this. People were complaining, why Silas subbed out Sengun (+4) with Garuba (-12) when the game was down the stretch, so their complain is valid. Also, Sengun played pretty good defense tonight, and he played pretty good defense against the opposing big this season so far. He didn't have the footspeed to match the opposing guards, which is understandable. He was weak defending the lob threat during the Clippers game but he showed improvement in the past few games. Why hold him accountable when a player aware of his mistakes and show improvements? Unlike KPJ, Sengun is still on the rookie's contract and he was a 16 pick. I'll be happy and take 16 and 9 every night for my 16th pick. I don't know if you expect him should be playing at the all-star level, otherwise your hate on Sengun is beyond stupid and you're calling out people with no standing is simply r****ded.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Really, what kind of coach watches sengun rich in his bb imagination and capabilities, whose an awesome passer and natural creator with good handels, who gives good effort and hustle, is analytics darling and foul drawing machine and says to himself:

i am gonna play this dude 6 or perhaps 12 minutes tonight, and i am not gonna post him up except once per game and not run offence tru him except rarely eventho all other players on my team struggle with creation, passing and scoring...

OTH
    silas apologists make silas look normal in comparison...they are the really really weird ones with the real creepy vibe hinting at a strong and evil agenda and not a well wishing person...

as for silas i explained his motives fully in my various posts in this forum in a very simple and reasonable detail that fits perfectly together

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they dont care about defense neither silas cares its just an excuse...these people are probably racists...they have to nerf alpi to propel jalen green or kpj their brothers...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is absolutely no acceptable reason to play Jabari Smith 36 minutes, but Alpi only 28. And to play Gordon 36 minutes.

9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I’m worried about Sengun playing center he was intimidated by the Pacer’s Center tonight. On a championship team can he play center, if he is stymied with by tall athletic centers how will we score? My feeling are confuse about Sengun. What about Jabari at Center, he plays tough as a defender in the center position. I’m confuse with Sengun at Center right now.

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My issue with this, and other reasons that Sengun is benched, is that this standard doesn't apply to any other player. Yes, Sengun is bad on defense. You know who else sucks at defense? Jalen Green and Jabari Smith. How many minutes do they get? People say that Sengun gets pulled because he's in foul trouble, okay that's fine. Why don't other players get benched when they get in foul trouble? I've seen KPJ play with 5 fouls before. I've seen him leave other guys in the game when they have 3 fouls in the first half. I've seen him leave other players in when they turn the ball over in careless ways.

He's just got Sengun on this really tight leash that other players aren't on. It's not consistent. So I'm not going to argue with you and tell you that Sengun is a great defender, or that he doesn't have boneheaded turnovers, or that he doesn't get into foul trouble. All of that is true and it is a legit reason to bench a player if you look at it in a vacuum. But it is...odd, to put it politely, the way Sengun is treated, compared to the way others on the team are treated.

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And he couldn’t do nothing vs Turner tonight..but they don’t want to acknowledge that

maj21 likes this.
  12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Do you mean because he only gets 26 minutes per game, or because he's not featured enough on offense? I'm not following how Sengun is being mistreated. He's a 2nd year player who is developing ahead of schedule as far as I can tell.

jiggyfly and maj21 like this.
  13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That's pure speculation, Sengun was extremely foul prone last year and that would have prevented him from winning ROY. That said, I think the offense should run through Sengun when he's on the floor and not doing so is a sign of Silas' incompetence.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually agree that Sengun should have played more last night. Our problem was offense the whole night not defense. We only scored 91 points, that's pathetic.

But, what you're saying here is just wrong. Garuba has been our best rebounder, I'm not sure why you keep saying it's Sengun. Garuba has the higher TRB% and per minute numbers. He's also the better defender based on defensive rating. But, all of that is obvious when watching the game. Garuba only plays because of his rebounding and defense.

But, if there was ever a game to forget about defense and just dump the ball to Sengun on the block for 40 minutes, this was it.

AroundTheWorld and aaquaa like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do realize Turner is likely the best defensive Center in the East and one of the best in this league.

Alperen is like a sophomore in his 2nd year.

clos4life and aaquaa like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are pretty stupid normally, but this accusation is abhorrent. You fake Rocket fans are a trip constantly needing reaffirming and others having to walk on eggshells while you all spit the most vile venom this board has seen in years. You as the tenured contributor and new ringleader should be ashamed of yourself and all this racist horseshit should be grounds for ban.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LOL - the greatest and most beloved Rocket of all time was/is Muslim.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sure likes KPJ above anyone else so there is that.

I do not think it is silly to assume a coach has his favorites. It is not even uncommon.

Heck, Silas is the principle concept of a coach being in this league because he is well liked and not because he is so darn good.

Caesar, aaquaa and clutchdabear like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

BUT he’s a “black brother” so it doesn’t count.

Invisible Fan, jiggyfly and DreamR like this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So much wrong with this post.