1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas needs to be fired for the way he treats Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm just now seeing this

[​IMG]

Reeko likes this.
  3. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah I agree. I know you’re not a SOF, I just like to talk **** sometimes when we argue. It’s just frustrating that see Silas is racist or he just treats Sengun so poorly. I don’t see threads and daily whining for KJ.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think Silas is a sweetheart but stuck in his ways. Which is weird for being a young coach.

Need to move on to someone a little more innovative and adaptable. Not try to put a square peg into a round hole

napalm06 likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why beat around the bush though? If its good for the goose then it has to be good for the gander right? ;)

6. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Wow. And this is not racist? Playing right into a stereotype too.
    So "black brothers" play basketbal better than white people. They eat more fried chicken too?
    It's ironic that you're posting this **** in a thread about a white person who is arguably the best player we have, above all "black brothers".

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How about Green, KJ, Tari, Jabari, Alpi?

cmoak1982 and aaquaa like this.
  8. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I am searching for 'Silas is a racist' thing by posters regularly posting in the Sengun threads, I hardly can find a couple of them. But I see more of racist or offensive comments by posters (definitely most by a few bully kpj stan posters). As I said before to people blaming Silas to be racist, it is ridiculous and we should spend our energy to our own bullies and racists. I never saw you bothered by the offensive and/or racist remarks by posters here. So I would advise you the same thing. And if you are noticing them, that's really bad.

You can't equate 'Silas is racist' argument with 'Silas treats Sengun poorly'. The second one is documented by many posters here. And he treats many players poorly, Sengun just gets more attention, because it is glaringly obvious.

If you think KJ is deserving a thread, then start it. I'm sure if Tate takes kj's minutes when he is back, you'll see a lot of whining. and Tate was starting for this team, he is no bruno. The equivalent would be something like playing Gary before KJ. Or if Silas makes negative comments after his good games, again you'll feel that something is off.

aaquaa likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’d actually love to see this, don’t think it’s been ran out

10. maj21

maj21 Member

Makes me wonder if him and stone are on the same page. Stone needs to just focus on bringing in talent and worry about fit later, but Silas need to try to make it fit as best as possible.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You would have two guys who can jump out of the building in Green and KMJ, two long and scrappy defenders in Tari and Bari, and Alpi to orchestrate the offense inside out, with plenty of options to choose from. Green and KMJ can cut, as can Tari, Bari can spot up and shoot threes over anyone. All four players Alpi could pass to can shoot the three.

In terms of bringing the ball up, I think both Green and KMJ could do it, they are fast enough to evade pressure. But really, any of the five players could do it. No need to dribble too much, just pass it quickly.

AND - there would be lob threats - two of them - Green and KMJ. If it's really about the "lob threat" being so important.

Is there a website where I could check if we have run this lineup...ever?

If not...

[​IMG]

12. maj21

maj21 Member

I expected you to say something like this lol.

13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Don't bother, just racist idiots.
    Alpi was MVP at the age of 18 in a league stacked with more than 30 ex-NBA players, mainly black brothers. As we grown-up racism-free environment we don't have a clue about their rage.You might like Micic,Larkin,Beaubois,Vesely,... more than the others but we don't have an agenda for this liking whether they are black/brown/mongoloid/caucasian.

Jabari's father, Josh Christopher's brother played in Turkey and I did not witness any hate against them because of skin colour.We have no idea about that.It is a western world issue.

I put some of these hateful creatures to my ignore list and it helps.Recommend you also.

aaquaa likes this.
  14. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

LOL, you toot your horn often huh.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No, there's a faction that puts him in every trade proposal.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So in your scheme how do we take advantage of Gteen's elite dribble seperation and collapsing defenses? Why treat him like a glorified 3 and D guy who can cut?

If you had to guess who has gifted more buckets to their teammate? Green to Sengun or Sengun to Green?

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Green would bring the ball up most of the time, so if he sees an opening, he can just take it to the rack. Or use his elite dribble separation to create space and then pass it to the open guy. Green and Sengun should both be our two main creators, and play off of each other. I am not advocating dumping it to Sengun to go for a post-up iso every single time.

Still want to mix it up.

cml750 and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I reluctantly agree.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could stay in Denver or Aspen for all I care.

20. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

IDC why, he just needs to be fired after tonight. Enough this is embarrassing.

cml750 and Dredd like this.