1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas Is A Horrible Head Coach!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 29, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

Tilman can’t fire him or he will be accused of racism by Stephen a smith and the woke sports media

hakeem94, Sengun, Mr Woods and 2 others like this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He never had the respect of the players and therefore never had the locker room to lose. Do you all realize he has been coaching for 21 years and 20 of those years were losing records. 95% of his career has been losing. He needs to be let go asap!!!

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Even the woke movement can’t blame an owner for firing a coach with an 18-72 record.

Bo6, hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I agree! At the rate it’s looking like we could go 1-29 first 30 games. Stone has to let him go.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I want him fired just for that challenge

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

you’d be surprised

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

KJ finally gets run and produces. Imagine that.

8. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

I keep telling myself that we have to be patient with him, as with the young guys, but his game management and rotations are woeful so far. I get that we need to showcase the vets for trades, but this is too much. If we are losing every game, then lets get the youngsters in to give them reps.
    Please, at least continue to give KJ minutes, and maybe, just maybe, try Christopher instead of Augustine.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Yup. They’ll claim we scapegoated Silas, the same way we supposedly did with Melo.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  10. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need to get the lineup corrected, he needs to stop starting Tate and start Martin

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I expect to win the title

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

same amount of minutes he got the last game

13. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Starting lineup:
    KPJ Green KJ Sengun Wood

Bench:
    JC EG Brooks Tate Theis

Sub EG for Green at 6min, Sengun for Tate at 9 min, start the 2nd Q with JC Green Brooks Tate and Theis.

This is what the rotation should be like right now. Our current starting lineup isn't working. We can't be down by 15 at the end of Q1 every game...

fattz and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No coach can help this situation! Tell Silas we want to win instead of developing and you'll see a diff roster...
    Green is just not ready for the NBA. If we want to develope then let the man do what he needs to do.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we need to get these kids some structure...
    I'm all for developing over winning - but then lets do some developing...
    if we're running plays that just arent coming to fruition bc guys need time to develop chemistry and learn their roles or assignments or whatever - fine...
    but we look like we're playing with all the focus and game plan of a pickup game at the Y...

fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  16. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I will say this...I am not off the Slias train yet but the two biggest questionable decisions this season so far was

1. Not putting KJ Martin in the rotation sooner after having a productive season last year and summer league. Did not make any sense for KJ to play only a handful of minutes.

2. Going with DJ as the backup instead of actually seeing if Exum or Kyhri Thomas could play that position. Exum played well in the preseason and Kyhri Thomas actually played well at the point at the end of last season. I get DJ is a vet and had some success last season but I was impressed how K. Thomas ran the point last year against the Lakers ended up having 11 asst that night. I know hindsight is 20/20 but those are my two beefs with Silas.

Again, I have not written off Silas and still believes in him. If they can clean up the turnovers and make free throws then things should be fine. I still think it is early to judge him harshly and clearly there is a connection with the players. It's a long season and I am willing to be patient but if I had to critique him those were my two issues.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again... players were wide open for shots. Like Wide OPEN! Silas' offence helped with that. Just got nobody hitting shots. They also seem to pass it to Mr. GREEN who really can't shoot. He's not physically ready for this yet.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It doesn't take a genius to see Sengun should be starting and KJ should be getting starter minutes, if not starting himself.

It's also clear we need Wall to run the point and KPJ to come off the bench. Also, all minutes that go to DJ Augustin should be going to JayGup.

fattz likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

fattz likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WOWOWOW!!
    is this really the truth or just a metaphor/hyperbole???