1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas Is A Horrible Head Coach!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 29, 2021.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whenever the Rockets are given the okay to win a game…. Games are very close…

Folks are complaining about a coach who was told to lose by ownership because they want more wins when we can’t even afford to have a 2 game win streak

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope he is replaced next season, especially since we don't own our own draft pick. Sucks to say because he seems like a great guy but the results would be no different if there were no head coach at all and the players were just playing pickup themselves.

aaquaa likes this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

If my job depended on me losing, I sure as heck wouldn’t be playing veteran players 30 minutes a game (EG and Schroder). I’d be playing guys like Fernando and Christopher in meaninglessness to help secure the ultimate goal. Looks like Silas is trying his best to win in hopes of saving his job.

D-rock, aaquaa and Swapshop like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah basically half the threads have this and more. You failed to mention his piss poor player rotations.

D-rock and aaquaa like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you pretty much described MDA except for one critical trait... personality management. he can't lose the locker room like he appeared to at times. although MDA never lead a 2 year long tank job so who knows.

what sucks for Silas isn't just that he didn't know he was signing up to lead a rebuild, but the rockets either gave him a pretty bad staff or refused to fund a better one.

hornacek was brought in just because he had previous head coaching experience as a sort of mentor to Silas as a rookie HC. he added no other value. he was not even a successful HC (although he overachieved in 1 season maybe). and Silas didn't need a mentor the man spent 20 years on the sidelines.

Lucas seems to be best at being a life coach, better at player development than Xs and Os. he didn't even have a front row chair during games when we were contending until the rockets thought promoting him to a more prominent role would help keep harden here. it didn't. and I'd like to see him go back to his development role rather than having a say in strategy.

weaver was a swing and a miss, but good try. he was supposed to bring some creative new ideas and possibly run the defense but it never really appeared.

I think with a better coaching staff and players maturing (Silas stated he needed to simplify his playbook for the kids) we can see more of him.

I'd like to see the rockets make these changes on the bench:

HC - Silas (giving him the benefit of the doubt for another year)
    AHC - Abdelfettah (replaces Lucas, brings game management and strategy)
    Defensive Coordinator
    Recently Retired Player for the locker room
    Player Development - Lucas

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

"You are what your record says you are."

Bill Parcells