1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas Is A Horrible Head Coach!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I know there are other threads on this board stating this, but they don’t flat out identify the issue. Yes, the coaching staff is subpar but there is one main problem and his name is Silas. First off, I want everyone to know I feel guilty as $&@“ posting this because as a human being there is not a nicer/classier guy in this organization than Silas. I really wish there was a way for this to succeed, but sadly there is not. Watched all 87 games of his Rockets career and he just plain sucks as a head coach. No offensive strategy or discipline….no defensive concepts or discipline. He was dealt a stacked deck with this team and its lack of talent but wins and losses are not my complaint….it’s his awful system. Literally it’s bombing continous threes on offense and not boxing anybody out and missing assignments on the defensive side. Disgusting basketball to watch and Silas must go.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    nice work but I would prefer Fire Silas! thread...

aaquaa, wlekfjv923n, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a "I have grown to hate..." thread.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All his assistants have let him down. Fire Jeff Hornaceck!

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not one to gas myself up buuuut there's a thread that was started by yours truly that kinda goes into this.

aaquaa and fryjol7 like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Are you saying whatever system he does have sucks? But… would that system be a bit better if the average age in the team were say 28 years old? The Rockets are trying to lose.

It’s gonna be a long season.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Bring back Bill Fitch. He knows how to coach a young team.

theDude likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You do realize the Rockets Players is one of the youngest in the League.

The Core needs Ton of Time Playing together and gaining experience.

The Rockets really need a couple of months playing together and hopefully the veterans get traded and add more players that can shoot and defend.

18pbr, Ramo$e and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a terribly inexperienced team with a terribly nice coach. :)

DeBeards and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Absolutely realize it’s a process….but having Theis and others continuously bomb three pointers will never be a winning game plan.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

silas is just misunderstood... mostly his own self.

Salvy and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

For everyone that thinks we should be fine with losing this badly, here is Anthony Edwards game log of the 20/21 season:

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4594268/type/nba/year/2021

the T-Wolves fired their coach on the 22. Feb. Shortly after, Edwards started playing well.
    Not saying it couldn’t be coincidence but what I’m trying to say is that, while losing may be in our best interest, having our young guys play like **** definitely isn’t. Edwards has been looking like the real deal ever since. I want the same for our young players.

13. steddinotayto

It's because Ryan Saunders was completely out of his depth as a head coach. 19-45 during the Bubble season and then starting 7-24 last year. He might be a great guy and a good tutor on the sidelines and in practice but you need another level beyond that to be a head coach. Same went with Lloyd Pierce. Atlanta had all of the talent but they were playing average ball until Pierce got canned and McMillan came in and righted the ship.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I just find it funny that people are saying use John Lucas as head coach

Yours truly said hire John Lucas after D'Antoni left the team. Lucas had 60 win teams
    with San Antonio but left for probably more money and then got stung by the tanking
    now for Joe Smith 76ers and LeBron Cavs.

I told people Harden leaving would be the same situation. John Lucas already lived that
    made for TV drama twice before. Now Silas gets tagged with the bad coach rap.

History repeating itself. Who saw this coming? I Did

burlesk and peleincubus like this.
  15. steddinotayto

As a head coach Lucas only had one winning season and that was a 55-win Spurs team.

Joe Rocket and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is why 'its just summer league' and , 'preseason dont matter' and 'sengun will play 30+ minutes in march' dont fly

every game matters it all adds up... and allowing summer league chuckers to freeze out sengun on offense was just a shitty coaching

they dont play garuba jaygup and snipa right now, so the next year we gonna be in situation again where they just need a few months of playing together or they gonna play them just to up their trade value because they aint that talented... and in the meantime the newly drafted picks will not be getting enough PT...its a full circle of incompetence
    [​IMG]

#16 hakeem94, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes I stand corrected, thank you. My dyslexia kicked in: winning % was 62% I believe that first year.

But to a man every player loved John Lucas. You can Google David Robinson saying
    he loved Lucas as a coach and learned a great deal about basketball from him.

burlesk and steddinotayto like this.
  18. steddinotayto

At this point I'm all ears and open to anything and everything in terms of head coaching as long as someone brings in structure. Like if Silas gets fired and Horny steps up and decides "You know what? Let's turn this up a notch and run the Triangle that I learned from Phil during my Knick days" I'd be like, sure, let's do that. Granted the team might fail but at least it's a foundation for something and we can look back and say "Yea, that Triangle offense didn't work. Let's try something else" Right now, Silas can't properly assess what can or cannot work (if he says he can he's bullshitting out the ass) because there's no definitive strategy/foundation.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah a lot of us could tell something was up during summer league. If you have a big guy looking like a future star you run things through him and see what you have and here we are 5 games into the season and he still hasnt even tried it yet, SIlas has stuck to the same rotation and has tried nothing different except for using his plays even less as he said the basically dont work lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

But why?

I'm told constantly we are suppose to be losing

If the Rockets wanted to win they would not have been in mutual agreement to let
    Wall sit. We would be starting Wall, Eric Gordon, House, Wood and Theis.

It's only 5 games. I called it that Silas was going to implement more plays since game one and he has.
    You can't fast track it when your two main quarterbacks are this raw.

I mentioned how Jalen Green needs to go in the paint like Eric Gordon looking for contact
    instead of shying away. Last night he did and was rewarded with about 9 free throws.
    Theis post game mentioned how Green was avoiding contact and this time tried to
    be more like Eric Gordon. Who posted that first during the day? Me

Green needs to be like the bull that enters the china shop and looks for a table to
    knock over on his way to the exit on the other side of the store. Like Eric Gordon.

Give it a month......things will look better then. Especially after we get thru murders row.
    All these playoff teams with top notch facilitators.....spot up shooter surrounding them.

#20 ApacheWarrior, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    burlesk and 34to11 like this.