1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas Excuses Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 22, 2022.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am so tired of this guy playing the victim card and decided to start a thread to track all of his ridiculous excuses.

Ever since he set foot in Houston, he's been a massive failure. In his first year, he had Wall, Oladipo, and Wall. I am not saying that they should be contending for a championship. But that team had no business losing 20 straight games. That was some of the worst basketball I have ever seen. And I certainly didn't expect my head coach to cry on the podium.

Everyone could see that Theis was not going to work last season, but it took him 17 games to drop him from the starting lineup. He clearly has his favorites in the team and I don't believe that he has the ability to make objective judgements. It was a shame that he didn't get fired and got a bogus 7 game winning streak against weak opponents. I wanted him gone so badly.

This is the second season that Jalen and KPJ play together, why is he only bringing up the idea of staggering their minutes now? What has he been doing during last season and training camp? I expect my head coach to develop a consistent rotation plan by the end of the training camp. Players need to practice playing alongside each other to create chemistry, not just randomly throw players on the court and hope it sticks.

I also despise his decision to bench Sengun, and you know I don't even like Sengun. Where was this decisiveness when we went 1-16 with Theis last season? Why so quick to pull the trigger on Sengun? I like Bruno, but he's clearly not going to be our future starting 5. Even though I don't believe Sengun is our answer at the 5, if you want to assess whether he can be a full-time starter, you need to start him. Period. If you give up on a key developmental project like Sengun and you don't win, you should be held accountable. Because there is no rationale to prioritize the development of Bruno over Sengun.

19 Oct - L 107-117 to ATL
    "We are so young, just our fifth game together, so we were disjointed"

21 Oct - L 122-129 to MEM
    "We took a team who was one of the top teams in our conference and they felt good about beating us...They really had to put a lot into it to beat us"

22 Oct - L 105-125 to MIL

"For sure the back-to-back and the travel and all that stuff played a part...We obviously had a super super young group on the floor..."

https://www.nba.com/rockets/videos

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We get it. Take a night off. Xanax. It's game 3 of an 82 game season. No one on this board that I'm aware of has the ability to fire Rockets personnel.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly think coaches shouldn't signal their players that they "aren't supposed to win yet". I just didn't hear that type of rhetoric from rebuilding coaches before.

These are young impressionable players that need to learn how to win. They won't learn how to win until they expect to go into a game and win it. They at least have to have that mindset.

#3 fchowd0311, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Rockets4Life13, D-rock, B-Bob and 8 others like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Silas is not fit for a head coaching job. Nobody expected the Rockets to beat the Bucks, but he doesn't know what to do. Can Hollins do a better job as the head coach with Lucas as his top assistant? I would be tempted to try it out if I was the owner of the team.

thedude077, DCHAMP, aaquaa and 4 others like this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

"he had Wall, Oladipo, and Wall." so there is a clone of Wall walking around and we signed him twice?

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

When guys leak out under the basket multiple times in one game like they did vs Grizz Silas doesn't call a time out and bench the players responsible for getting back. Being young doesn't mean you can't do the fundamentals. A high school coach would be pissed at some of the stuff Silas lets his players get away with. Maybe he is an X and O's kind of guy but he for sure isn't an in game coach.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I really really want Silas to be good. He’s a super likable guy and clearly the players think so too. He hasn’t proven to me that he can be a successful NBA head coach yet, however. Perhaps as our young guys get better and build chemistry we’ll be able to figure out some sort of cohesive offensive and defensive plan, but as of yet I’m not sure what we’re going for

8. OpportunityCost

I am still thinking that it's part of Tilman's plan - to lose to get another high draft pick.

clos4life likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You want to bench players....on a rebuilding team....when they make mistakes.....lol

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We played Bucks 2021 champs
    Hawks another title contender
    Grizzlies another strong playoff team.

Our lineup consists of players that weren't even born when we won our last title with the exception of Boban, Eric Gordon, and Tate because he was a sperm in his dad's nuts.

If Jalen, KPJ Jabari, Eason and Sengun don't improve then we ship him out because as of right now his job is to just develop these children.

aaquaa likes this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Stick your nose in Silas's ass farther maybe you'll get some **** this time. lol j/k

#11 Joe Rocket, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think he decided in his head that KPJ is Luka and every decision he makes its based on that assumption. Its why he wants the ball in KPJ's hands and everything he does is more about KPJ than the rest of the team. You cant have Sengun start because he has way better pass vision than KPJ and you would have to run the offense through him. Its so damn obvious. He sacrificed both Jalens and Senguns growth for KPJ and he is doing the same for Jabari this year. Jabari looks great with Sengun but that doesnt work for KPJ so start Bruno and keep saying that Sengun isnt ready. Ready? they are all young none of them were ready but the point is to develop them to play together and be ready. Its clear that Tari is a hand full for opposing defenses but he gets little minutes and the this idiot plays Nix who is clearly a gleaguer for life. its beyond frustrating that they keep this idiot and the young guys are suffering.

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think you are making it about wins and losses. Thats not the point. Clear mistakes are being made.

B-Bob, aaquaa, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This right here. I cant wait for the day @J.R. can bring up all my old Silas Slander and drag me for everyone to see. I want this dude silas to be great because then the Rockets will be great, but right now this dude irritates me the way he sabotages all the talent on the team.

D-rock, B-Bob, slothy420 and 8 others like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I feel like silas doesn't really have any offensive plans, it's like let kpj walk the ball up and wing it. Really reminds me of how mchale would sit back and let harden work his magic.

Smith and everybody else is gonna have to learn and adapt their game to kpj in order to have a successful season. Silas plays favorite

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To me he isn't, he comes off as not 100% sympathetic, maybe it's me but yes while he is polite and all.

Decent person just not super....

aaquaa and Roomba like this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

This thread is silly, but carry on.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

@DaDakota (or @DaDa?) can if he puts his mind into it

napalm06 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol silas did this before so the lol is on you..its just that ahem he has his favorites...but i guess all this contribute to losing even more so in 50 years or so when we finally win the championship it will all pay off...

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

great thread ..but why not put up another one for his buddy Lucas?...hes got a free pass from everyone because he overcame the addiction but man is clueless and ruining rockets basketball and the little talent and basketball assets we still have...