1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas does the same **** over and over again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 21, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao.
    Dillon Brooks, Jaren Jackson to give you a couple were absent.

Bane had a bad night but is overall their 2nd best scorer.

Maybe not talent wise but those guys have legit NBA years of experience under them.

Take that for disparity.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The irony of this thread title coming from you…

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Maybe he losses on purpose #Victor. Maybe he is nad head coach and great assistant

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Bane had a bad night because he was getting locked up. Most of his makes were because he was wide tf open.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he is not good i'm sorry. it's painful to watch and i really hope we don't see a 4th season of silas. the second half last night you could tell Jenkins had a plan and they took over the game as soon as the break ended.

he's a nice guy and i appreciate the mentorship and emotional stability but the X/Os are severly lacking. i'm not buying the "uhh we're keeping it vanilla to not confuse the young guys" excuse anymore.

aaquaa and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Two of their more crucial guys were out tbf (Brooks and Jackson), let's not act like this was the healthy playoff roster.

7. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Yeah yeah. Damn you Sengun, damn you to hell!

LeDakota likes this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He is. Alot of these same guys spent over 10 years making excuses for Daryl Morey. Now they want Silas gone after 2 years of rebuilding

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

This is my MAIN criticism of Silas. You can't have KPJ & Jalen sitting long stretches together. Why wouldn't you have one out there, especially without a backup pg

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And we were missing Tate and Bruno went out in the first. Grizz have a very deep roster, Clarke is one of the best backups 4's, Konchar went off and their rookies LaRavia and Roddy played very well. I don't know what the argument is, we faced a very good team last night with a MVP candidate going nuclear, but they had a few injuries so... fire Silas 2 games into a tanking season where 7 out of his 10 rotation players are 22 or under right now?

Nope, great game by Sengun, and Smith has all the time in the world to develop. I'm not the one throwing a big hissy fit over us losing, that's on the "fire the coach" mob.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Another Silas thread saying the same BS.

WTF cant people find already existing threads? I know why. F$cking lazy.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was only replying to the roster thing, never said I agree with any of the Silas out comments.

The "Ja went nuclear" thing is a bit overstated either way, a lot of that was the product of our entire defense being laughably bad.

13. TAB

TAB Member

Came in here to talk **** but it looks like that man Nick has it handled.

14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This baffled me as well, they need a 2 for 1 and the only way to get that was a TO to advance the ball o_O

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

OP posts the same **** over and over again

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

One of the things that stood out last night was how lost some of our guys seemed late in the game. KPJ and Jalen were dribbling the clock out and did not take threes when we needed them. The only player who looked comfortable orchestrating offense was Sengun, though his FT misses were killer, and a lot of times it looked like no one else knew what to do with the ball outside of him.

Perhaps some of this is youth, but I think a lot of it is coaching.

aaquaa likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

fire silas anyway! if hes not harming hes irrelevant... give us a new face at least

aaquaa likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@ThatBoyNick
    sengun was a better FT shooter in europe... clearly silas is not a positive influence on rookies...sengun and garuba got worse in nba....not better.....

only utter ignorant of a coach can have sengun and play him 6 minutes a night and make him a floor spacer for cwood and thesis postup game and danuel house drives...
    he also denied alpi of ROY
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

aaquaa likes this.
  19. Garner

Garner Member

Love the thread title is “Silas does same **** over and over again”, but you’re not sure if he’s ever done it before…….

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if silas can coach an nba team then anything is possible and nothing in the universe should raise an eyebrow

aaquaa and LeDakota like this.