1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Silas and Holding Players Accountable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I'll be honest and say I don't know much about Silas other than he came from a solid organization and a great coaching staff while helping put together one of the best offenses the league has seen - and we all know Carlisle is a defensive minded coach.

That said, anyone have any idea what his coaching style is, or is going to be in the future now that he's a head coach?

My hope is he is closer to Carlisle in that department. I'm just sick of seeing Harden, Gordon, & co. on this team not be held accountable. I'm calling Gordon out because if I have to watch a guy who is a great slasher when aggressive go 1-10 shooting threes in a playoff loss again I'm going to go insane.

I'm probably the only person who agrees with what I'm about to say - I think if we don't get a player like Simmons, Tatum, Siakam, and/or actually valuable first round picks and essentially second rounders for him, then I'd keep him this season and reassess next offseason as teams knowingly can start preparing (or even tanking if needed) to give an offer to us that is worth it during/after this season.

As far as this season goes? Let's get uncomfortable alright, REALLY uncomfortable and that starts with benching the guy the first week of the season and letting someone start in his place that showed up on time with the rest of the TEAM and send him a message. We all know he loves to hoop so he won't enjoy sitting there and being forced to watch a very capable Rockets team likely go at least 3-2 in the first five games even without him (OKC, POR, DEN, SAC, SAC) with a pretty easy schedule.

If you want to take it up a notch, have Tillman call his buddy Morey and ask if he wants to swap Simmons, then call Boston and ask about Tatum and then call Toronto asking about Siakam and record them all essentially say no and then bring him in your office and let reality slap him in the face - you wanted to be traded and you're such an idiot that you go out and hurt your value by making teams start to wonder if I've been incredibly wrong arguing with people over the years - you are indeed a LOSER.

At the end of the day, I don't understand why anyone here wants to even think about accepting given the trash offers that aren't going to result in us winning a title and won't give us a cornerstone to build off because no one can offer us a top 3 pick...all after we mortgaged our future because of this LOSER player who we're now going to just cater to and bend over backwards like we've been doing all along? Nah...I'd rather watch him rot on the bench for two years during his prime and then good luck playing after two years of watching and spending all those racks at the strip club with your boyfriend Lil Baby.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Misread the title and thought it was “Silas are holding...”. Came into the thread trying to haha and bull you.

3. HardenVolumeOne

Herro and Duncan Robinson is a trash offer

glynch, clos4life, cbass and 5 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

benching Harden...

lol, please stop, this isn’t high school hoops

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Might be the most egregious thing I've read all week.

Morey and Tilman are not buddies. Might be the farthest thing from buddies as you can get.

vupac1 likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You call him a loser and then say you’re not accepting trash offers? And how is benching him going to help his value? You come off as emotional.

rgw20014life, jiggyfly, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

OK. Now that I finished reading the entire post, I think haha and bull OP is still the right thing to do.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Don’t make me have to call a players only meeting on you

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, exactly, and this might not even be high school hoops depending what program the kid is playing for... A coach for a huge school that's known for basketball and winning titles isn't going to sit a star player/#1 option. Maybe for a breather or he'll tell the kid - "I have to sit you because..." - then the game starts and season is on the line.. that kid is going to be in the game

10. psaman17

psaman17 Member

A rookie head coach benching James Harden. Thats funny.

In the NBA the vast vast vast majority of coaching is about babysitting Egos. Because superstars run the league, head coaches are allowed to coach because the star players let them. This aint college basketball.

jiggyfly, topfive, glynch and 6 others like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah. Herro may be a fringe star type player like EG or third tier star but he is no stud.

glynch likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Harden there has to be four passes before you shoot!

Reeko, CCity Zero and Rocket River like this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yah that might not fly in the NBA. A rookie/sophomore, perhaps. That didn’t work out too well for McHale. Silas should remember that.

clos4life and Reeko like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I tell you . . . . soooo many of our fans want to run the team like they are Vlad Putin.
    The way some sound they seem bothered that the coaches cannot just take players out back and beat them
    until they submit and be happy lil employees.
    Seems alot of resentment that they get PAID like they do

I tell ya. . . .so many people seem like the absolute WORSE people to ever work for
    I would hate to be some of you guy's employee.

Rocket River

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Pop would bench harden

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When did he ever bench a superstar?

jiggyfly, topfive and clos4life like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

when the star player wants out and the organization wants to repair the relationship and keep him, Pop wouldn’t do a damn thing...he’s not stupid

benching Harden is dumb, overemotional fan talk

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I expect Silas to be a good strategist but as a first time head coach I do not expect him to go on confrontation course with players and let management deal with disgruntled players or players that didn't play well.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, it's unjust.

At least Vogel could talk Lebron into not controlling as much, take some time off here and there.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin McHale would bench Harden

[​IMG] [​IMG]