1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sigh]Need help getting over a breakup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Htown's2kFinest

I been down lately and want to get things off my head. My girlfriend I been talking to for a little while now broke up with me two days ago on the 20th(the night of the massacre). So far I can't get her out my head and it's killing me. I thought she was a 10. I wanted to do everything with her and I wanted to go everywhere with her too. We use to talk nonstop when we were together and we spent most days just talking. We shared a bunch of things in common and all I did was think about her... When we were together, I felt good and didn't care about any other girls I seen. Now the only thing that's easing my mind so far is the news of our rookies doing well in SL and the team getting Jeremy Lin.

I need relief from this so I can move on and get going again. I feel drained, I don't feel like doing anything right now. I don't known too many people here and not having anything going at the moment too makes it worst. I need some ideas to maybe help get this out my system. Getting wasted though is not something not an option and not something I do. Help me get this off my mind already!

*And btw I'm not putting a picture of her up so don't bother asking...

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You don't have to get hammered but why not some drinks?

I would say make some guy friends too and go out. Definitely don't stay in and just think about her.

1 person likes this.
  3. ILoveTheRockets

Nothing a one night stand can't fix.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Go take a dump. It will make you feel better.

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

ice cream?

6. 713

713 Member

pics or it didnt happen.

7. Htown's2kFinest

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep yourself busy. Working out, reading, hanging with friends, work...whatever.

Just curious...did she give you a reason/excuse? How did she break it to you?

1 person likes this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not so much getting hammered as it is you being out with friends having a good time

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Know the feeling bro. It's worse when the girl is basically your best friend.
    Chin up man, you'll get through it.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Work on yourself. Focus on any hobbies you may have. Work out/play an instrument/video games/go running/hiking/play ball at the gym/whatever.

Just remember what you used to do before her. Surely you had things going on back then. Try to get into those things again. If not, find new hobbies. Busy yourself with things that interest you and it'll help you a lot.

12. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

13. JD88

JD88 Member

Go do other ****. Go ball, get a bike and ride the seawall, pick up a book and better yourself intellectually in whatever interests you, dress nice and go on with your day with a smile, people will notice you, go hit the gym and get cut up.

I'm not the kind to find a one night stand or get hammered, I'm the kind that will make her wish she hadn't ended it if you run into her again.

14. arjun

arjun Member

keep urself busy, hang out with friends...maybe u might meet another girl that you will start to like...or that you will start talking to take ur mind off ur ex

1 person likes this.
  15. Htown's2kFinest

I won't get into details much but she said she felt like we were at different places and that we wanted different things. She could've kicked me in my nuts and it probably would've been less painful than hearing that.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

oh that reminds me; punching yourself in the nuts repeatedly will help with your blues.

17. Dei

Dei Member

So why'd ya split?

18. Htown's2kFinest

She broke up with me. I had no reason to even break up with her. She was what I wanted.

19. JD88

JD88 Member

Make yourself more appealing and hope you run into her in a year.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My advice isn't worth much, but I've been in your exact spot. I'd be lying if I said I don't still feel a little sting when I think about that specific girl. We all leave marks on one another, even if we don't think so.

It never gets totally easy, you simply need to acknowledge that there's a wide world out there. Don't get too down on yourself because of her choices. Fulfillment will never come from other people, only from yourself. You won't find your best relationship until you're fully confident, and women can sense that. Give everything time. Focus on starting/mastering an instrument, going to the gym, accomplishing projects. Don't jump feet first into a social group, be natural. Don't beat yourself up for having negative feelings, but be self-aware and realize that tomorrow is another day. Things have a way of working themselves out; pessimism doesn't accomplish anything.

This is all easier said than done... but I've learned that every single of one of these steps helped me.

Most of all remember: It's a process, not an event.

2 people like this.