1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sicko

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rodrick_98, Jun 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ohh i did what i hate..."your" instead of youre. doh

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm sorry if you think its terrible of me to not want to sacrifice my health care.

You can get a job for 10 bucks an hour with benefits. No college or experience needed. You have to be a teenager or criminal to be unemployable in a full time position.

3. Bandwagoner

And I do not have a problem with an extended system for helping people who have no health care. More sliding scale clinics or whatever. Especcially for kids. But saying our system sucks and in need of a total overhaul really scares me.

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

You people make me sick.

5. Bandwagoner

Uh oh...better make an appointment now. You won;t get to see a doc for at least a month! :D

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Don't you just love that compassionate conservatism?

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

A national healthcare system can have many forms, Casey.

It may not be as scary as you think. 'Dual' sytems are quite popular in Europe -- allowing those who choose to continue with a system similar to what you're used to. But somehow...those kids of stoners, (or the stoners themselves) should have access to healthcare that doesn't break them financially.

8. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

what the freak? i was just restating what i thought his point of view and you jump down my throught??? you people make me sick! How dare someone differ from your supreme moral supremecy. give me a break

9. Bandwagoner

Perhaps they should have a stable health plan before having kids?

once we get over this puritan view of birth control we can make the first step federally funded birth control. It is not a coincidence the rich have less babies and have them later in life.

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

boy.. im a spelling whiz today :D

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

and it is precisely the uneven distribution of wealth, or rather its widening chasm, that will break the pax romana. we are broken as a nation, what it means to be american is no longer obvious.

12. rhadamanthus

Yeah, because stating that people should have no access to healthcare if they cannot afford it (sink or swim) is definitely morally superior to wishing everyone had equal access to treatment. :rolleyes:

Listen to yourself. You complain about the morality of calling someone a douche and in the same post willingly condemn "burger-flippers" to sickness and disease.

You're an ignorant twit. No go cry about how mean and immoral I am for calling you out on it.

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It is disgusting, that in the richest nation that the world has ever seen, that everyone cannot have access to proper health care. Also, if wanting everyone in our country to be able to go to the doctor or get their teeth cleaned is moral supremacy, then yup, I'm guilty.

14. Bandwagoner

Why does everyone who was lucky enough to be born in a nation where they can work hard and make a life for themselves if they choose have a right to getting top class healthcare without paying for it??

A national healthcare will

Not affect the Rich. They will just continue to have insurence and go to whatever doc they want.

Put the middle class hardworking in the same class as the poor who would not have had insurence. I am against it because it would be yet another shaft to the middle class.

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i didnt bring up morals, you did bro. check yourself.

i never mentioned burger flippers. you should really know who you are takling to and not lump people together.

lol. typical. im the ignorant one because i was trying to understand someone elses point of view. run along little doggy.

16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

look. i agree. the system is a mess. There needs to be a change. I want to help people too.

jesus, all i did was restate caseyhs opinion and he, then i, get run at? i guess i should have just insulted him like a good debater.

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Anyone else get the feeling that Donkey used to post here under another moniker?

18. rhadamanthus

:confused: Not sure why this matters, even if it is true - which i doubt. But um, yeah - point for donkey?

Irony and lack of reading comprehension. Delicious.

If you disagree with Casey - feel free to state as much.

19. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

pretty good movie, I kinda half agreed with him on some parts. The part with all the politicians being bought by the Healthcare Industry was pretty sad, typical stuff. I wanted to punch that "mother" guy.

20. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I thought he was done after that dramatic exit.