1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Siberian Tiger Escapes, Kills Visitor at SF Zoo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MR. MEOWGI, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I will save them time and money on an investigation...it's a wild animal, morons.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I don't think they're asking why. Everyone knows why. It's a frickin tiger.
    But how did it get out was the question.

3. Smokey

I think the answer is the same...you can't contain a wild animal. I'm not opposed to zoos, I'm opposed to the shock that wild animals want to run wild. It's impressive a 350 lb cat scaled/leaped over a 20 ft fence...and that's not considering it swam 20-30 ft across a moat. You can minimize injuries and deaths you can't eliminate them.

What more could the SF zoo have done other than euthanizing the tiger when it attacked last year?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A giant bear. Preferably not caught on tape.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The SF Zoo tiger swimming in the moat is not unique.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvgsrT8Z924&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvgsrT8Z924&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. Smokey

Now they're saying it might have been an intentional act by a zoo employee. Crazy.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

When I heard the tiger went straight for the cafe, my initial thought was this:

[​IMG]

#27 Mr. Brightside, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I saw a glimpse of the encl. on the news. It looked like a flush concrete wall. Someone must've let it out.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i guess nothings impossible but i just don't think there's any way that a tiger could hop that fence from the moat. it was let out, accidentally or not.

10. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Now they're saying these 3 assholes may have taunted the tiger and somehow in their stupidity helped it leap out in getting after them.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/5405492.html

If so, **** them. Idiots. Too bad she only got 1 out of 3.

1 endangered tiger is worth more than 3 dumbass teens, if this is the case.

RIP Endangered Tiger!

11. cons

cons Member

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

That sounds like a story you read from the Darwin awards. Nice of them to weed themselves out of the gene pool...

So the earlier story about the tiger mauling some random guy at a cafe is wrong then?

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Last year, in a dutch zoo (Blijdorp, Rotterdam) a Gorilla escaped, and attacked a woman.

The woman went to the zoo every day. And also watched the Gorilla's every day. She said she had a special band with that specific Gorilla. She did not realize that she was teasing him every day (even though the Gorilla showed his teeth, and banged his hands against the window). She has bitten a lot, the Gorilla draged the woman for about 15 minutes as he roamed through the zoo. However she survived the attack.

14. Smokey

Please let this be a Darwin Award candidate. WTF taunts a tiger?

Mr. Sousa, I'm sorry for your loss. If your son taunted the tiger, he got what he deserved...it's a wild animal!

#35 Smokey, Dec 27, 2007
  15. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

D'you really think this?

16. Smokey

Again if and if the victim taunted the tiger to leap a 20 ft fence then he is at fault and whatever happens happens. It's a wild animal!!! What was the tiger supposed to do, knock him over and lick his face?

If I stuck my arm in an alligator's mouth and the alligator ripped my arm off, wouldn't it be my fault? Wouldn't I have gotten what I deserved? What if the alligator had killed me? It's a risk I took because it is a wild animal.

Maybe deserved is too harsh a word...how about the victim took a risk when he taunted the tiger...the consequences were in the range of death.

17. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i didn't make the comment Smokey made but i totally agree. darwin's survival of the fittest at its best. i don't feel that bad.

18. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Yeah, that's not unreasonable. I guess my objection is that this just ended as badly as it possibly could have for that kid... and we've probably all done things that, in isolation, seem pretty moronic.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no don't feel bad, these guys on this site are perfectly justified in taking joy in someone being mauled by a tiger.

#40 pgabriel, Dec 27, 2007