1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Top 10 dunks of the season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingCheetah, Apr 11, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Top 10 dunks of the season

The “Dunk of the Year” competition has been so fierce this season that a simple ground rule must be set before wading into the discussion: Only posterizations need apply.

The league simply has too much athleticism, power and creativity for anything except a contested slam to rate. Yes, that leaves out great moments such as Jamal Crawford’s between-the-legs alley-oop to Blake Griffin or Terrence Ross’ 360, but there’s just no substitute for the degree of difficulty — not to mention showmanship — involved in finishing over a moving target.

With that in mind, here are the top 10 dunks of the season, as The Point Forward continues its look at the best and worst of 2012-13.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1_rKW3HL9GE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe

The epic #1 dunk.

All the dunks

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I only see one dunk.

3. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

Strange -- some sort of glitch when I posted.

link to all the dunks

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea the whole page was wacked out too. The quick reply field was basically in your post. It weirded me out

5. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

Yeah, that's what I saw too... Bizarro Clutchfans.

6. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I really really liked the MKG dunk when I saw it live on league pass, I thought that would be top 5.

1 person likes this.
  7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't care much for some of these. 3 on 1 vs. Jason Terry.. it looks ok. but the author is excluding a bunch of great dunks because of the 'degree of difficulty'. this may be a 'poster' but it's far from the highest degree of difficulty.

i think the dunk of the year is one of Terrence Ross dunks, probably the one where he sneaks the baseline for a reverse putback dunk. Ross had several gems.
    on this list, i like Barnes-Pekovic and Mullens-Aldridge the most. Aldridge made it a bit too easy though. i there was some resistance, that dunk would be so much better.

8. gah

gah Member

Pretty decent list but by their parameters, Jordan shouldn't be number 1 (I love the .GIF with the coffin though). I don't think Kobe would have made my top ten.

Loved MKG's and Derozan's.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Probably should be renamed to top 10 posterizer dunks instead of just dunks.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why is Jeremy Lin not here? Racist McHale

11. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

12. don grahamleone

Those dunks were not that big of a deal. That one by Jordan was amazing though.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

DeAndre's looks fantastic (the way Knight is left sprawling).

Personally I like MKG's as the next best one - freeze it at the rim and it makes a fairly sensational poster!