1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] "Some failing to live up to expectations." Scola listed..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Jan 20, 2012.

1. joesr

joesr Member

Truth. Scola's majority rebounds are lucky bounces. You cant expect him to be grabbing straight off the board if he isnt a jumper. With a tall jumper here now and even Hill has showed but Scola's number are dropping

2. cod

cod Member

Rockets last season as a team pulled down 42.53 rb/game
    @ .454 FG%, 85.06 FGA/game

Rockets this season are 44.53 rb/game
    @ .445 FG%, 85.46 FGA/game

Chuck Hayes was a glasseater early in his Rockets career but his rebounding numbers went down down as his defensive role grew. I think the same is happening with Scola. He's often out on the perimeter shadowing behind the first line of defense to help stop dribble penetration.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I see that as an excuse. Randolph still eats up rebounds next to Gasol. Even Ryan Anderson grabs 6-7 rebounds next to Dwight Howard. DeAndre Jordan and Griffin rebound perfectly too. Boozer and Noah? Nowitzki and Chandler? Gasol and Bynum? Millsap Jefferson?

4. cujo

cujo Member

I would not worry about Scola too much and definitely not some article some guy wrote based on numbers he has seen so far this year.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Scola doesn't appear to have declined, he's just purely exhausted. He plays basketball year round and now he's smack into a lockout schedule. He's not 22 anymore.

6. rocketsmetalspd

That plus he is coming off knee surgery. McHale has also noted the lack of spacing in games which leads to team struggles on the offensive end of the court. This will be taken care off as season rolls along. Also, more hard cuts to the basket.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Once again, Scola is great on offense every other night and horrible on D everynight. Everytime the other team needs a bucket they go at Scola in the post or on PnR.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We had to put in Parson's to play against Smith, who was killing Scola.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Less rebounds playing next to a guy who not only scores more than Chuck Hayes but also rebounds more than Chuck Hayes???:eek:

Who would have thunk it?

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

or I can ruin his argument by using the compacted schedule as a excuse for every player across the league. Choose which one and fall on it to impale yourself SI.

11. Dei

Dei Member

You're saying everybody's suffering? Team PPG, RPG, APG etc. are lower for the entire league?

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The one guy in all honesty i'm not worried about is Scola. The guy isn't having his greatest year but he isn't playing bad. I think he'll be fine.....

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I never said Scola is declining...but he is sluggish (all year) on his post moves.

We will never know (to some) unless the Scola says it, or the coach or the GM calls him out.

Until then...all arguments blaming Scola's sluggishniss on the coach or the GM is drama queen ****.

and btw...Coach already said 4? games ago that he was worried about his starter's minutes...no?

It is simple to see Scola's problems if you watch the games with eyes open on all 10 players...

Sometimes we have to explain this to people who watch the game to prove their Clutchcity arguments and existence.

This is not a system issue

14. chonox

chonox Member

still early, I'd raise a slight eyebrow at his performance but not ready to judge him yet (as DD has pointed out).

[​IMG]

Far from code red, more of a soft amber glow.

15. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Agree
    Scola is playing most of the time around the perimeter. He knows Dalembert and Parsons will get the rebounds. And the system is working!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

At this point we have to trade him before his value goes down significantly. I wouldn't hesitate to pack him up with K-Mart, Bud, Hill for a decent draft pick and young talent. That way we'd have an excuse for losing, could give more minutes to Lee, Pat, T-Will. We'd also have 3 or 4 decent picks in a loaded draft and a bright future if even half of the picks turn out solid. Plus it would give us cap space for 2012 FAs.

17. dartherus

dartherus Member

Exactly, it´s really obvious for anyone with some serious basketball background as a player or coach, it seems some article writers lack such experience and basketball knowledge.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude has played 7 games in 9 days and has had a poor stretch for what? 10 games?

Don't believe everything you read in fantasy blogs. Him missing 10 more shots this year would account for his offensive struggles and yes Sammy is probably taking some of his rebounds...but I doubt there is anything wrong with Scola other than fatigue.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

yes it is.

DD

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't seem to me to be a system issue but I haven't seen the games of late.

Might be an adjustment period but I don't think Scola who isn't really taking less shots nor playing less minutes is affected by that.

I think the number of games is more likely the issue.