1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI: Rockets gaining on Mavs, Spurs in Southwest Division

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SpiffyRifi, Sep 4, 2007.

1. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

A good article about the Southwest Division, lots of favorable Rockets stuff. I'm just including the Rockets' portion

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/steve_aschburner/09/03/southwest.grades/index.html

2. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

That is like the second time I have heard that...I wouldnt mind it I guess, if it didnt cost us much.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I think it would be a bad move as far as chemistry is concerned. We will already see some problems with personality and lets not forget the old "hit mike james in the face with the ball, because he called me a B****" move that JHoward pulled.

4. windfern

windfern Member

Cuban must be salivating for Scolar. :D

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MJ and howard have talked about that, i thought, and said it was just in the heat of the moment.

with the other guys on this team you are worried about howards personality problems? Howard is a class act pro and he is very well respected

6. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

What Went Wrong:

• Juwan Howard went to Minnesota ...
    ... to play with Kevin Garnett. Oops! Howard would have been a better fit right where he was, a veteran frontcourt guy on a Rockets team that is ready to contend. The Wolves seem willing to move him to someone who's not rebuilding so, who knows, he might even return.

I do not see how that is a thing that went wrong :rolleyes:

we deserve at leat an "A" if we take this one out.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Rafer and Reed for Juwan! :D

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We have Scola signed long enough to have his Bird rights. Is that groovy, or what? :cool:

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

ya, and we got 5 expiring contracts next year. It should be very interesting as to what we are going to do with that situation.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the beautiful thing about this article is that they had to reach to find a couple "what went wrong" items. sign of a good summer right there.

clearly moving juwan for james is a what went right move, even if it cost us some of howard's leadership. rafer's arrests weren't good but considering the addition of 3 new pg's it's not so bad.

11. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

makes me wonder if the arrests and they singings dont go hand in hand?

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

is he saying acquiring for mike james was wrong?

13. Fuse

Fuse Member

As BigM alluded to... they are really stretching to find something wrong with our off season.

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

We got dinged because Minny traded Garnett!

15. redao

redao Member

What Went Wrong:

• Juwan Howard went to Minnesota ...
    ... to play with Kevin Garnett. Oops! Howard would have been a better fit right where he was, a veteran frontcourt guy on a Rockets team that is ready to contend. The Wolves seem willing to move him to someone who's not rebuilding so, who knows, he might even return.

things that are nonexistant, overrated and went-wrong:

Juwan Howard's leadership,
    Rafer Alston's "pureness" on PG play,
    JVG's coaching.

--------2 down, 1 to go.

16. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

We don't have any need for Juwan, since Scola looks like he'll do everthing Juwan did, except better. He's not worth it financially, unless he were waived by Minnesota and we paid him the minimum. There's really no one that we could reasonably get rid of for him, though.

17. zong

zong Member

A- is good enough, but the playoff wins are the key, not regular season record.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

enough w/ all the talk. i can't wait for the season. my anticipation increases tenfold every time one of these type of articles is posted.

i just hope we stay healthy for ONCE. my goodness, is that so hard to ask?

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

i know some will disagree with me, but right now we are a better team than the Utah Jazz, and it sucks that they will probably be ranked ahead of us by the talking heads just because they made the wcf last year.

20. AkeemTheDreem86

Fixed it for ya...