1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI Poll] The Worst Dribbler and the Most Annoying Defensive Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blue Brick, Feb 26, 2009.

1. HoustonFan4Life

That is also the correct answer to who is the worst passer in the NBA.

2. ibm

ibm Member

what's the definition of "annoying"? i thought that was reserved for all the floppers.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

haha, head isnt that bad.

Artest is pretty bad though. Watching him, I'm suprised he doesn't get theball stolen more often.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

People are afraid to put their hand in there. Because if they take it away from him, he's going to do whatever he can to get it back.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Have you ever seen Head? I mean even Bill Worrell started to bash him after a while about his passing. I think at one point, he said Luther was the worst passer on the team.

Ron isn't too bad, he's improving as the season goes along. That can only be a good thing for us if he starts to dish it like T-Mac.

6. ibm

ibm Member

artest just dribbles a bit differently; and sometimes almost inslow mo.

maybe players are reluctant to get close when ron dribbles and drives the ball. see gerald wallace this past sunday.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's a credit to Ron that he doesn't get called for a lot of charges. You would think a guy relying on strength and bullying to drive to the hoop, especially one who's not especially athletic nor cerebral like Ron, would pick up a lot of charges.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think the NBA players surveyed didn't all agree on what annoying meant, most probably thought it was used negatively, which is why Bowen is on there, for the few who thought it meant pesky probably voted for Shane or KG.

9. Lovemachine2000

Yep, you can never win by stealing the ball from Artest :D

10. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Yao is so skilled for his size, its not even comparable, how many centers (REAL CENTERS) can actually do a behind the back move on the "fastbreak"? He doesn't need to dribble anyway.

11. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Yao has a lot of skill, but he also turns the ball over a ton. You say he doesn't need to dribble but unfortunately he doesn't always get good enough positioning for that to happen. Yao in the post needs to be limited to one dribble at most in his move. Without even looking this up, I can guarantee the majority of Yao's turnovers are when he takes 2 or more dribbles.

12. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

yao actually has decent handles. its just that hes easy to pick cuz hes so tall. there was this chinese music video yao was in and he was doing some really smooth stuff. stuff that shaq tries to do but fails.

behind the back, between the legs, spin moves, crossovers...

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Ron and Shane could have been on both lists.

14. ibm

ibm Member

i think i havw seen it somewhere, if we're talking about the same thing.

but in all seriousness, the crab dribble is the best, well, at least the most fashionable dribble right now.

15. Ra Ooh La La

Ra Ooh La La Contributing Member

That's a stat I hope the team is tracking . . . Yao's offensive efficiency and the team's offensive efficiency when:

- Yao doesn't dribble (shoots or passes immediately)

- Yao takes 1 power dribble

- Yao takes 2+ dribbles

It's evident to me that Yao is really at his best when he takes the turnaround 12-15 footer. Though his dribbling often sets up the hook or the short fade, most solid defensive teams know to collapse on Yao upon his dribble to effectively cause a turnover.

16. Ra Ooh La La

Ra Ooh La La Contributing Member

I would also hope that Yao and the team adjusts their play and strategy accordingly.

17. ibm

ibm Member

i think that's what akeem wanted yao to do.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

what about when yao drove to the hoop and dunk. pretty good for the worst dribbler in NBA.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZwe5MS2vdA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZwe5MS2vdA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

i think what they mean by dribbling is being able to protect the ball when dribbling. Ron Artest does have the ugliest dribbles but he does a decent job of protecting the ball, while yao might have some dribbling skills for a big man, but he can't protect the ball for crap...he definitely deserves to be number one on that list

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Where's Luther Head?