1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI player ranking top 100, do you agree?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fxbillie, Sep 24, 2013.

1. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Don't know if this has been discussed here, this is a list of top 100 NBA players according to ranking by Sports Illustrated. Howard is at 7. Harden is not in the top 10. He is 11th, Asik is 69, Parson is 94 (really?), and Lin is not in top 100 (another really? considering Dragic, Calderon, even Jimmy Butler & Evans making the list). Do you agree with the ranking?

Personally I think Parson should rank much higher. Considering Nicholas Batum at 51 and Leonard Kawhi at 37, Parson doesn't get any respect for being a near rookie. And JLin not listed considering other pgs whose teams had gone nowhere making the list, that is quite unfair to Lin. This should motivate him this season.

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

who care?

3. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ignoring the rankings completely, the part of your post I bolded should have very little bearing when ranking players on an individual basis. Team success and failure means something, but not a lot when judging players individually.

Chalmers and all the other ho hum PGs who have been on champioship teams recently aren't better than others just because they won and at the same time a good player on a bad team isn't worse just because his team is weak.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I disagree with Westbrook being ahead of Howard, but I wont dismiss it.

Also, as much as I'd like to... It's really hard to argue Duncan and Parker's ranking. Those guys are still studs.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I agree. Wade had a very very efficient season and plays excellent defense. Wade sacrificed shots for Lebron. If he were put in Harden's shoes, I could easily see him put up Harden numbers. Do I want him over Harden? Hell no

Dwight is fine at 7. He had a down year and I expect it to go back up

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

dwayne wade in top 10 shoudlve gave u clue of that garbage list lmao

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No problem with me other than Kobe. 2 phases of the game not just offense.

Harden is a matador on D, he was one of the biggest reasons for our problems last year. If he just puts forth effort on defense I could easily see him moving as high as 4th or 5th next year

LeBron, KD and CP3 are clearly the best 3 right now, after them it's fluid.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That list has Kobe at #7.

With respect, the man is pushing 35 and coming off an Achilles injury. Can't help but think the writers are L.A.-based. Or should I say L.A.-biased?

Don't take too much stock in these lists.

10. Convictedstupid

I know Rob a little. He says Ben was the guy who messed this list up crazy. Said Ben had Dwyane and Kobe super high while Rob had them in the late teens.

11. Convictedstupid

I should clarify, I've only played basketball with him a few times a while ago. My cousin however is good friends with him and that's how I was told about the way they did the list.

12. jayland

jayland Member

Tim Duncan above Dwight Howard? Maybe if this was 5 or 6 years ago. Tony Parker above Harden? Not in this reality.

No problem with Lin not being on the list. I mean honestly if it a guards only list, Lin would probably just barely crack the top 50. When factoring in all the positions it's not unreasonable he's not on the list.

13. Fighton

Fighton Member

if you're not in the top 20-25 you shouldn't really care about this list. it's like college football - no two rankings are alike outside of top 5.

14. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

This is the very same list that put Greg Oden around ~270, above Terrence Jones and Greg Smith despite the fact that Oden hasn't played for nearly 3 years, i.e. a complete joke.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Wade higher than Harden???

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Mannnn I wish the rockets could get Kevin love. 3 potential top 10 players. And include parsons... I don't think you could stop this team for 4-5 years.

17. threedaybean

threedaybean Member

Im telling you parsons is way closer to batum they do all the same things

18. smr6

smr6 Member

I dont agree with a few of the players rated ahead of Harden.

19. joe101

joe101 Member

30 teams, 1+2=60 starting guards. So you're saying Lin is at best a starter for the bottom 5 teams, definitely a below average guard. You disagree with his pay scale for sure.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think TD was better than howard last year.