1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI: Kyle Lowry matures after preseason intervention meeting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 23, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Fine and well. The intervention was a good idea. Lowry is saying all the right things about having "matured" and blah blah blah. How original .

Good for the Raptors this year but I wouldn't touch Lowry with a 10-foot pole in the offseason. He's on his best behavior looking to get paid. He is what he is and has earned his reputation.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lowry was never a troublemaker. What you talking about?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good for Kyle and he looks at home in Toronto. I hope they build around him because his nastiness, competitiveness and energy could be a solid building block of a gritty Raptors team. A Pacers north as it were.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

5. REEKO_HTOWN

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's been much discussed. He was a big troublemaker his last year in Houston. It was ugly.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Please enlighten us? What got ugly other than him wanting to start after being sick?

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He did have enough "trouble" with the Raptors for them to hold the intervention. The episode with the ref is just one in a string of instances where Lowry acts out rashly and negatively.

That said, I would absolutely take the guy. He can be the Ron Artest on the 08-09 Rockets for somebody: an excellent player who can be had for cheap because of behavioral concerns.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It stems from him wanting to start, but they way he went about it was all wrong. Avoiding huddles and creating an "us vs them" atmosphere between the coaching staff and the players. The guy had the audacity to say it was either him or Mchale at the end of the season. I wish we still had him, but that is about as rotten as an attitude as you can get. Dragic outplayed him, end of story. He just couldn't handle it. As Herrera pointed out, he was bad enough for the raptors to hold an intervention for him so that should be a good enough indicator.

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This is the problem with fans like you, you take one incident and use it too pass judgement on players who don't necessarily deserve it. Lowry had very good years in Houston all the way up to Mchale's tenure. Because of this ONE SETBACK, you've taken it upon yourself to rewrite history and paint a picture that never existed. Dragic DID NOT outplay Lowry. Dragic stepped up when Lowry got hurt and when Lowry got healthy, that's when sparks flew with Mchale. Lowry may have acted out a little bit but is definitely wasn't the cancer you idiots paint him as.

11. Nook

Nook Member

What an amazing coincidence that this epiphany right before he enters free agency, in what will be his last shot at a large payday.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

His PER last three years are: 18.8, 17.5, 19.5. He has been pretty good when he gets to play.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ujiri is the MVP of the Raptors organization.

14. Raven

Raven Member

I was just about to say the same thing. The Raptors might be a few years away, but the first step is a good GM. We might be, sadly, seeing a corner being turned, fewer and fewer teams being led by incompetent owners and bad GMs. Looks like Morey's hunting ground might be shrinking. :)

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Agreed, contract year and on-going groin issues.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Lowry has been a good player for years... I meant the choir boy act....

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

It wasn't just in Houston. He was traded by the Grizzlies as he was becoming a problem in their locker room. He wasn't happy about Conley getting the nod over him as the starting PG.

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Oh really? Post a articles showing him being a locker room cancer in Memphis?

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. In a small closed and competitive system such as the NBA, a GM is only as smart as the stupidity of the other GMs. That said, having more and more good GMs will benefit the league in the long run.