1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] James Harden reveals why he left Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 19, 2021.

?

Does this offend you as a Houstonian?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. No

139 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, you got me... I'm 100% referring to hard working role players and stars that were plagued with injuries and not Harden.... I totally expected Battier to lead us to a chip and not choke in the playoffs....

2. conquistador#11

Lamest excuse an athlete can make in this century is to move to LA or Brooklyn or so and so 'to build a brand'. No, you went there because it was easy and there is nothing with that.
    Dude makes it seem like he just got off the bus from Iowa in search of some acting career like Heather Graham in Bowfinger.
    Giannis plays for Milly-wau-kee and gets recognized in Greece or Barcelona, number 2 jersey sales. Harden be getting arrested.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Does everything go over your head?

Are you not aware of how many HOFers and/or All Stars that were on that Rockets team or are you being purposefully obtuse?

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

2nd best Rocket of ALL TIME....

[​IMG]

Fantasma Negro and GOOGOOMECHUCK like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really are one of those dumbasses.

YOLO likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Other than Harden, only Olajuwon and Moses led Rockets teams to elimination games.

Guess which of those legends is only one with a positive W-L.

Any fvckwad can slant a stat.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

No, but saying Harden is the 2nd best Rocket is a pretty dumbass thing to say considering how many great HOF have worn a Rockets jersey and left honorably and not cowardly.

GOOGOOMECHUCK likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're a moron.

Know your history.

YOLO likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is the 2nd greatest Rocket, that’s not even a debate…just stop the nonsense bitter baby mamas

wlekfjv923n, HP3, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Aight why is Harden the 2nd best Rocket ever... Don't slant stats...

11. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Best regular season rocket. Best playoff choker.

#111 VickMackey, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    GOOGOOMECHUCK and Salvy like this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

13. DonatelloLimestone

You know MJ dominated individually for 7 years, fell short of the playoffs before demanding the bulls get him more talent after they made so much money on his stardom
    unusual?
    Lebron also Dominated individually while fallng short of the ring only to realize how much money they are making on his back and went to go play with peoplecommitted to winning at all cost, not profit at all cost.

Kobe the laker loyal legend? Also knowing they were just making money on his market demanded a trad from his purple and gold franchise or get him talent

Kd, giannis you name it....We wonder why do these cut throat billionaire owners of enterprise bend over backward and give so much treatment to these guys? bc they generate more than half their revenue...you goto some hedge fund or any job where one single person is marketed on and delivers majority of the revenue...they may just have some clout too.

And the nba money is only getting more expensive with new tv deals and more players prosper....any 1A star...or better yet any staff as we saw who has other optiosn went and cchose The other option despite houston being a great city for them and rokcets being a great franchise, that trajectory changedw ith the owner lying, cheaping out, and then blaming his own employees for financial matters that were his only responsibility during a title wndow...thats why when harden said we're not good enough and people got butt hurt...didn't see anyone quoting that when were at the bottom of the f'n rankings

from 1 seed to easily bottom ranking in the league in 3 years of tilman fertitta...quickest burn down i've witnessed.....

In before the landry's employees get me. @tinman @roslolian ;) @Salvy, you're good, you know how to be funny I know why he keeps moving you up in the chain at landrys.. you do you

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

James wanted to be closer to Lil' Baby.

J.R. and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Dude was a monster in the regular season man but every year you just knew it was coming. When he just gave up against patty mills I was ready to move on.

GOOGOOMECHUCK and Salvy like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's the truth. Bigger market, better opportunity to build your "brand". One should never be offended by the truth.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

Well people should look at how the nets even became a cool brand. They invested in tehir facilities, rebranded big time and took a lowly team in reputation and now you see nets jerseys even on non basketball fans bc they nailed the brand. They have some of the newest and best facilities and an owner who says anyting to win. you can flourish there.

not unlike warriors. People who remember in oakland they were not a destination and considered a bottom franchise. Lacob treated it like a startup and invested like crazy in new facilities, arenas, bringing in high priced staff even like jerry west and nash to come once a month but just to steer the ship right to associate it with winners and bring a new mentality.
    Now they are a premiere franchise, they paid crazy tax last year, you don't see people crying for lacob's tax bill just like you see here(@roslolian), and they got their franchise right

if you want to run a budget busness with close margins, you can make billions in restaurant chains, this ain't the way to succeed in the nba.

Rockets are the 4th biggest market, we have access, history ,a great city. Harden was committed here, did well here, became a superstar here, but the culmination of his life work is 1-5 years, this aint a normal job and his entire legacy goes on the ring no matter what he does. Having an owner who cheaps out on staff actual role players and then publicly blames you and deflects is not someone you want to trust your rare opportunity in the nba with and thats what rich paul said, and no star will do it.

Tilman said all the right things, 2017 he talked about facilities etc. he rightly brought a new plane(but once agin, if you pay attention it almost is never anything that meets the eye, the new tax code allows corporation to write off entire private jets-thats right, entire) but thats just smart business and corrupt governing, am i right? goodfor him. but none of the facilities plans follow despite using tax payer funded Toyota center(privatize the profits, socialize the cost...in before the landry's employees say TILMAN gotta makE a lIvIng too, poor guy). Fans get short handed, players get short handed, the owner wins, and about two dudes on here win(@tinman )

@Salvy, sorry about this post...don't even bother with it. 4 paragraphs, I can't even find that many grammatical errors. i'm having a slow day, i just wanted to warn you not to read this because i know how disappointed you get when i write short post and i already got 2 stars on my earlier one, so just avoid this one...ain't trying to keep lowering my average

D-rock likes this.
  18. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

I still have Dream as the best regular and post season Rocket.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Every discussion on Clutchfans is becoming like every tweet that Skip Bayless sends. All about one player.

20. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

[​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.