1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] James Harden reveals why he left Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 19, 2021.

?

Does this offend you as a Houstonian?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. No

139 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's like a new GF whose so insecure about the ex GF because she's not match on things that actually matter

Theking likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is the same dude that b****ed about folks dick riding Harden yesterday. So what does he do. Creates a thread about him and being offended. Makes so much sense huh

HP3, Theking, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm not offended. However, if you're a big enough star and you're successful it doesn't matter what market your in. The 2x MVP in MIL is proof of that. You can build a brand based on your talent and reputation. Sure markets like LA and NY are bigger, better and easier to build your brand--just like playing with two other superstars make it easier to win.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of super teams?

4. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Yeah say what you want about Howard (and we can say a lot) but the guy did step up big time in the playoffs here those first two seasons.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Glad he went to Brooklyn. Glad Brooklyn traded for him. Hope he gladly stays in Brooklyn.

Go Houston Rockets!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

VickMackey likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

and I thought LOFs are the worst. At least Lin was able to string up a crazy bunch of games in NY

his savior barely made it to top 10 after 2 1/2 summer league games

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

speaking of branding in NYC ...

man, too bad Houston St doesn't intersect 13th. Harden could put another restaurant Thirteen there.

NewAge and vlaurelio like this.
  8. vlaurelio

yeah too bad most of these professional NBA superstars are fans of making money, being in the limelight, and being around other superstars

9. Jalen Green OnlyFan

How is this a rebuttal?

We know it’s fun af to be a 9 figure dude in a huge market with easy chips and instathots galore.

I also know it’s not fun for a team first fan when a star player screws over your franchise. I can express my disappointment in harden and acknowledge both realities.

10. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Only good thing about Giannis winning this year. The Nets weren’t rewarded :D

11. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Giannis is not a selfish hedonist. Harden is.

Giannis is more similar to Yao when it comes to duty.

NewAge likes this.
  12. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Harden didn’t really screw us over. He definitely threw a baby tantrum but screwing us over is a bit far. There’s a reason harden was is probably the most despised player in the league and it’s not because he is a jerk who screws people over. It’s simply bc he shrinks in big games and moments and a lot of people don’t like his style of play. I liked competing year after year but it was always a drag knowing when it came down to it I would see dribble dribble dribble clank or drive and complain and we would lose. I was very ready to move on from that. Thank goodness we ended up getting our pick back. Let’s enjoy this season fellas. You have made your profile into a a Jalen Green shrine let’s just hope he can live up to it. Houston is an awesome city with great fans and we will embrace your guy 100 percent. Just like we defended hardens honor on Reddit, Facebook, Instagram etc even when we saw it too. We are so loyal we have people white knighting and getting emotional to this day and he isn’t even here anymore. That’s the type of love we will show your boy JG.

watching harden give up on a situation that he was a large part in creating was hard at the time seeing as we didn’t know what the future held. But your boy Jalen, and sengun seem promising to say the least and KPJ had flashes of greatness while wood seems like a really solid piece. And we are welcome to continue to enjoy Giannis pooping all over harden in the East if we please. It’s time to look forward and enjoy this season even if it’s 19 wins. It’s about progress.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

we've seen plenty of the worse OF's on CF's for years. But imagine literally having enough time to be offended by someone's own personal venture. Sitting behind a computer on CF's b****ing about someone else wanting to expand their business portfolio and brand. The things you see on CF's can be pretty pathetic. Some of these JaOF's are definitely fighting for the worse OF's thats been seen around here

D-rock likes this.
  14. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

When it comes down to it it’s all about the future of the Houston rockets. Bigger than one man from here on out.

BamBam likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

It was never personal to me. Harden has his shortcomings as a player despite being generational so he’s still a Rocket Great to me.

We had a long time together in this 2010s and beyond NBA and I don’t think Les/Tilman ultimately paid the price to win.

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Cause Tillman didn’t back China. Nets owned by Chinese. He’ll end up w/o a ring at this rate. He ain’t playing for a championship. He’s got his mind on his business.

17. Jalen Green OnlyFan

You know Chinese media is spinning narratives like “harden was so upset with the rockets supporting Hong Kong that he demanded to work for tsai who is against Hong Kong democracy movements”

and yes I blame harden for those narratives cause he’s rolling with it to profit.

Tsai is a joke. He’s Taiwanese and western educated at Yale yet made billions by being in bed with China.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Houston Rockets!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

VickMackey likes this.
  19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Not offended at all. If we kept him for another year, we would've had a 1st round exit and miss out on Jalen. We weren't going to go anywhere with that team. 2018 was our chance. It's time for a rebuild

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Coase Theorem: "The Coase theorem suggests that under certain conditions, the distribution of player talent should be similar before and after free agency."

Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. (bigger are NY / Brooklyn L.A., Chicago).

I would be offended if Harden went to a smaller market and talked about raising his brand.

Thank you for all that you did for Htown, good luck in Brooklyn, and I hope they fall the hell off when those picks come due.

D-rock likes this.