1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] James Harden reveals why he left Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 19, 2021.

?

Does this offend you as a Houstonian?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. No

139 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree
    This is like when he was caught in the strip club he said something like he was helping out female entrepreneurs
    @Jontro

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

giannis is not a ratings draw lol. That’s cap, nba finals tv ratings were horrible this year

also those jersey number sales can be manipulated. Luka is the most popular European player in the nba BY FAR.

Giannis only draws decent when he goes up againist another star ie harden, Durant or kawhi

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

To an extent. Someone made the point earlier, if he was traded to the Jazz he wouldn’t be talking about growing his brand. He’d be talking about getting in touch with his Mormon cousins or something.

Easy and tinman like this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

thats fake news

5. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

GEMATRIA

Drift Monkey likes this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

lol giannis has no crossover appeal. That’s why the nba wanted him outta Milwaukee in the first place

James harden is the opposite, he is the perfect villain in an almost Floyd mayweather way. Harden gets viewers but people don’t really buy his jersey. It’s the same with mayweather people watch his fights but do not buy his “TBE” merch

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i dont know how much more moved on one can be than 'dead to me...'

why dont u grow up - or grow a pair and come at me like a man... smh...

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the NBA was trying to screw Milwaukee so bad and get Giannis out of there (Source?) it's kind of odd that he stayed and immediately won a championship after making that decision.

The NBA isn't too good at getting what it wants I guess...

Also, if the NBA wanted Harden to be the villain so bad then he'd at least win more.

jim1961 likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You have clearly moved on. lol

10. HardenVolumeOne

yea and their is literally no link using gematria that has harden in Milwaukee. Only brooklyn because of the 112

and yes even the warriors had a better shot to land harden because I don’t remember but I think harden and curry basically have a link to the number 64. James Harden I think is a full reduction of 64 and when you type out Stephen currys name in the gematria calculator.. the name stephen curry has a full reverse reduction of 64

#210 HardenVolumeOne, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I made my statement/post when folks were still groveling about how they could somehow appease the almighty James Harden and convince him to stay... context...
    Did i intend it to mean I would never offer any view or opinion on James Harden from then until the end of time? c'mon now... have some sense...
    It's not like I'm on here starting threads and bringing him up outta nowhere...

12. HardenVolumeOne

the reason harden doesnt win more is because of his style of play, adam silver( i got this info from karceno4life youtube page) despises hardens game. Adam believes that harden is setting a bad example for the newer crop of younger guards like luka and trae young. He wants them to not be as ball dominant. Harden has the largest free-throw rate drop among star guards going back to as far as basketball reference can track. I saw a tweet of this, but cant find it now. It basically showed that kobe, wade, jordan all saw minimial drops in their ftr if any, but harden by far suffers the most

Its no secret the nba is adopting changes to their rule book this upcoming season. Its why fultz and cunningham were first overall picks and jalen green( who is probably better) went 2nd overall. The athletic did a story on it, and its basically the rise of helicentric offenses that was popularized by magic in the 80's went away for a while with jordan and then came back in 2005 with steve nash. Harden just did it while added elite scoring, and now every player in the youth aau camps wants to copy that style

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Harden dropped one million dollars at stripclub in Houston.
    People in Houston know he enjoyed his time here

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

why were fultz and Cunningham picked first? Because they aren’t ball dominant?

15. HardenVolumeOne

fultz was universally compared to harden and seen as the best guard prospect in years

Cade drew comps to both Luka and harden

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I guess I don’t understand your post then. I thought you said the nba was trying to get away from the harden types and was changing the rules to do so?

17. HardenVolumeOne

they are changing the rules to prevent “harden and Luka ball.” It’s yet to be seen if these new rules will make much difference but if they do and start rewarding off ball fouls. Then guys like jalen green will benefit more

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He better be successful because the amount of money he is going to be taxed living in NYC is insane. Would hate to see the guy having to work in a Jack in the Box after he retires.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He can be a strip club bouncer. A 6'5 230lb dude with a big beard is intimidating enough.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I can't imagine caring less about anything