1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Giving credit where credit's due

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/frank_hughes/03/10/underrated/index.html?

Kevin Durant. Tyreke Evans. Russell Westbrook. Brandon Jennings. All are among the names that have been thrown out there as the NBA's future elite, the guys who are putting up big numbers and have the potential to do even more. But some names have gone unrecognized -- or, at least, not recognized enough.

Here are some players (and a coach) whose efficiency and productivity deserve a little more credit. (All stats and records are through March 9.)
    OFFENSIVE PLAYER: Carl Landry, F, Sacramento

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

at first i thought it be something about chase :(

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Aaron Brooks
    Kyle Lowry
    Chase Budinger
    Jordan Hill
    This is a homers' board. What do you expect. :grin:

4. Steve_Francis_rules

That's a pretty stupid analysis of the Landry for Martin trade. It makes it seem like the Rockets had to give up Landry to get someone to take T-Mac. Also, Martin is apparently a scrub because he has a low FG% so far this year, never mind the fact that he's been one of the most efficient scorers in the league throughout his career.

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It seems like whenever a player is on the Rockets, they recieve little praise or attention from the National Media ala ESPN or SI, but once they leave, they recieve so much love.

Now that Landry is with the Kings, everyone is praising him, nevermind the fact that he had been doing this on a consistent basis with us for the last 2 years.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Also they treat Landry as some kind of up-and-comer. Landry's still young, but at 26 years old he's already in his prime as a player. He's not someone who will grow with Tyreke, by the time Evans reaches his prime (~26), Landry will already be in his 30's.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Is Jennings really that good? I'm not impressed by what I've seen. It's not as if he's turning that team around, that goes to Bogut and Skiles.

8. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I was going to say the same, but you beat me to it... It's like they secretly love Houston, but they just don't want to say it, cuz then they'll lose there L.A, Boston, and New York ratings. They always do this to the astros and texans...

9. Steve_Francis_rules

If it wasn't for John Hollinger, I don't think casual fans who get all their news from ESPN would even know the Rockets are still part of the league.